7/2 RD;RFE Generated. Read this conversation with IIO

taurus02

Registered Users (C)
I heard on AVM yesterday that RFE has been generated for myself & wife. Just read this and you know why we shud not trust IIOs.

After hearing so many approvals in July I decided to call IIO to see what is happening. I knew that my i-140 is for CP. Here is how the conversation went on May-21 morning at 8am.Following is the cut & paste of my previous post on 7/21.

me : Good morning. My EAC number is xxxx. May I know the status of my case ?

Lady IIO : Your application was recvd on July 2nd. We are doing cases as of June 2001.

me : Madam , many of my friends who applied after me got approval.

IIO : every case is different. You cannot compare yourself with all others.

me : Can you tell me whether my case has been assigned to an officer

IIO : No

me : Does everything looks OK in my case ? All papers are correct ?

IIO : I do not have your file in front of me. So I cannot tell anything. If we need anything we send RFE.

I thought delay is because my file has not come back from NVC or US consulate. So I called up NVC and asked for details. After verifying EAC#, A# , i-140 case number etc She said "We have not recvd any request for your case from Vermont Service Center".

I thought my case will take forever as IIO told my case is not assigned yet and even after assigning the case they have to get my i-140 details from NVC which will take some time.

But yesterday night I hear on AVM that an RFE has been issued in my case. That means my case might have been assigned to an officer when I talked to IIO. VSC is really strange !

No Title

That gives me some hope. My case (RD aug 30) is similar to yours. I-140 was approved for CP and as expected, even after calling the IIO several times in the last few months and requesting for it to called back, it is still not with VSC. Y\'day I spoke with an IIO, who told me that the case has not been assigned to an IIO yet. So I thought my case will take forever as it hasn\'t even been assigned to an IIO plus after someone will look at it, getting the I-140 back will take another 2-3 months.
He however, did mention that the last update date on my case is May 15th. I asked him what does that mean, he goes, well before the case is assigned to an officer some usual checks are performed and this is what was done on May 15th. My FP was recd and process resumed on Feb. 13th. Does anyone know what could have been done on May 15th??

Looks like you spoke to the same lady that I spoke to last friday.

I got the exactly same responses.
Highly unsupportive from an IIO\'s perspective. May god bless us all.

Don\'t call for general info on your case

If they get ticked off by your conversation, may be they can issue RFEs and cause even more delay as they are the same IIOs who process the applications. Any ideas?

Keep away as they are not a whole of informative anyway.
Thanks
Racer

NVC Number

Call them at 603-334-0700. There is an option wherein you can speak with a Customer support Person who generally are nice.