6 months for the entire naturalization time?

madhuri_dhar

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I remember last year, there was a talk going on about the total naturalization time being reduced to 6mths come 2006. Well, we're fast approaching 2006.. anyone know if this good thing is still going to happen?

madhuri_dhar said:
Hi all

I remember last year, there was a talk going on about the total naturalization time being reduced to 6mths come 2006. Well, we're fast approaching 2006.. anyone know if this good thing is still going to happen?

Last year was an election year, people were talking about a lot of things.

But I think unless you are in the name check group, the process is anywhere between 6 to 15 months. If you are in the name check group... better get yourself one hell of a patience. Their idea of speeding up the process was to stop answering inquieries. That gives you an idea about the wait on that one.

K

Don't believe everything politicians say to get elected.

Some DO's are good and are close to 6 months processing time. Most still are about 12 to 14 months. Then the worst DO's are 15 months to 2+ years. If someone gets stuck in namecheck or other bureaucratic delays, i.e. missing file, duplicate A-number, oath delays, then the process can be a lot longer and worse.

oh.. that is so sad..

my DO is Cherry Hill, NJ. No idea how long it takes... :( It's a sub-office of Newark, NJ. Looks like very few ppl fall under this DO but then one would think, it should be a faster office (as much less load) but looks like it's just the opposite...I hope we see some improvement in this whole immigration process soon.. Hope this new bill S.1932 brings some relief to the spouses of LPRs as well..

Hello,

The total naturalization process for me took exactly 6 months from start to finish. I mailed my application on May 16th and my oath ceremony is on November 16th.

Volvo7 said:
Hello,

The total naturalization process for me took exactly 6 months from start to finish. I mailed my application on May 16th and my oath ceremony is on November 16th.

Mine was around 6.5 months (added 2 months background check pending).

wow.. only 6.5 mths and that too including 2mts for the background check. Which was your DO.
I wish all DO's were like that!!

btw, thanks for being around on the forum and answering questions despite the fact you've already gotten your citizenship.

madhuri_dhar said:
wow.. only 6.5 mths and that too including 2mts for the background check. Which was your DO.
I wish all DO's were like that!!

btw, thanks for being around on the forum and answering questions despite the fact you've already gotten your citizenship.

my DO was Santa Ana (sub-office of LA DO).

I believe it is more like 1 month background check pending, and my case was sitting on the officer's desk for another month or so. Anyhow, i would not know how long my background check pending for thou. all i know is when I visited the DO on 8/31, the person told me there was nothing pending on my case and she would send a request to the officer to make the decision. additionally, she mentioned my "background check" was sent on 7/24 (SUNDAY??!) and returned on 7/29. I did not take her words seriously because I believe she had no idea what she was telling me at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
My whole process at San Jose took 5 1/2 months. Last yr I remember, it was taking more than 1 yr just to get interview so I think things are improving.

sresan said:
How can one know if one's name is in the name check group?

Thanks

At the end of the interview, you'll either be told that (a) you passed the test, cogratulations you are recommended for approval or (b) the decision can not be made because your name check hasn't been completed. If you hear the (b) part, that's when you know you have arrived in the name check hell.

K

5 1/2 months for me in Detroit earlier this year. Looks like it is taking a little longer than that now according to the on-line processing times, close to 7 months.

In MSP / St. Paul

My husband and I applied in June and had a priority date of June 2nd. We both had our interview on Oct 27.

My husband's oath letter was mailed the same day to appear for the Oath ceremony on Nov 9th. So that makes it 5 months for him.

I have not yet received my oath letter ...I'm hoping it will be in December.

Naturalized Within 4 Months

Last week I had my naturalization Interview and next week I will be taking oath to become a naturalized citizen. The entire Naturalization process has taken exactly 4 months (Priority Date: August 1st, 2005. Naturalization/Oath: December 1st, 2005) see my complete timeline below.

Good luck to all of you.

My Timeline:
Application Mailed Last Week of July, 2005
Priority Date: August 01, 2005
Fingerprinting Notice Date: August 19, 2005
Fingerprinting Date: August 27, 2005
Interview Notice Date: September 13, 2005
Interview Date: November 15, 2005
Oath Date: December 01, 2005 @ 9:00 am