551 and Reentry permit

trygc

Registered Users (C)
Me and my Spouse got our I-551 stamp on May 3rd. We did CP and I received my physical card during May 2nd week. My spouse only received welcome notice and did not receive her card yet.

During this situation, due to a family situation there is a need for me to stay out of the country for 2 years and I am planning to apply for reentry permit.

I need advice on:

1. The present validiity of the atamp is till May 1st 2003. Since I received my card all I need is to apply for Reentry permit. Is this assumption correct?

2. My spouse did not receive her card and her stamp needs to be renewed. Can we do this before we go back or during the time of applying for Reentry permit. I beleive we cannot get renewal from out side the country. So what is the best option for me?

I appreciate your advice. Becasue I have to plan many things in advance I am thinking about your inputs.

Thanks

Card

If your wife has a receipt notice but no card, call that number on the notice first thing Monday morning. Make this your #1 priority. Do whatever it takes to get through to that number. It means that the card is waiting to be ordered but for some reason is waiting for approval. The exact same thing happened to me. They will approve the order while you are on the phone and she should get the card in about a week.

Maybe someone else can answer the re-entry permit question...don't know the first thing about this. Sorry.

Brian

Thanks Brian!!!

The number listed on the notice is always busy. I could never reach them. I will give a shot at it and hope for the best.

Thanks

Re: Thanks Brian!!!

Originally posted by trygc
The number listed on the notice is always busy. I could never reach them. I will give a shot at it and hope for the best.

Thanks

Good luck. It took me a while to get through but the result was worth it.

Brian