485Approval at last gets his 485 APPROVAL !!

shyam ramachandran

Registered Users (C)
By the grace of GOD our 485 approval notices were received yesterday. It was definitely a great x\'mas and new year gift.

Some interesting details on my case as this would be helpful in clearing the confusion on CP approved 140\'s.

1.First and foremost I assume that there are no such guidelines for 485 adjudication with respect to CP approved 140\'s. Well, even if there were, it isn\'t followed by some IIO\'s.
2.My 140 was approved for CP and the notice was sent to the Chennai Consulate in October \'00. Found out in OCT-01 that my 140 is safely sitting in Chennai.
3.OCT\'01. The case was assigned to an officer.
4.NOV\'01. Spoke to an IIO. She said 485 pending as the request for 140 was
          pending.
5.DEC\'01. Spoke to an IIO. Same answer - 140 request pending.
Last week, I spoke to the Consulate officials and they confirmed that the petition is still in their office and that INS has not requested the same.

Thereupon I called the NVC and enquired about my 140 petition. They said it is INS who has to request the file from the Consulate and NVC has no say in that process.

After hearing that from NVC sat tight and left it to HIM. Well the prayers helped and what a tremendous relief.

I would like to thank all for providing great support during this laborious and grueling process. Special thanks to Myladoor, OCT-2000, abci, Jai Jagdeesh, 485-2001, Abhiyant(hold on tight), seru, joma and many others.

Last but not least I would like to thank Mr. Khanna for providing such a wonderful forum. I had been addicted to this site from \'99 and I\'m sure will stick around to answer any questions.

Details - The process started in 98\'

INDIA
EB2 - RIR
RD - 01/2001
ND - 01/2001
FP - 05/2001
AD - 12/17

Good Luck to folks who are waiting!!

Good Luck! enjoy the moment!!!!

I am with you on this ridiculous process. No point in trying to make sense of this nonsense. It is quite obvious that for the most part this whole process is inefficient and a joke. Hopefully, they will overhaul this entire process soon and make it better. Honest, law abiding, genuine immigrants should not be made to suffer like this.
Guys waiting-just hang in there your turn will be next.

congrats

one by one I-140/CP sufferers are making it. That gives us hope. Enjoy it, which I\'m sure you do. Regards,

Congrats buddy...

Enjoy GC life.

I just got it stamped in NYC on friday.(courtesy copy).

Which local office you will be going for stamping???

Thanks guys - 485-2001, I will be going to SFO for stamping. Any advice on docs reqd. will be helpf

Congrats on your stamping. Have fun!!!

Of course I have no idea abt SFO... search on this site...

1) 485 Approval (I took courtesy copy)
2) I-94 card
3) 2 ADIT style photos (You can do it at Costco)
4) EAD\'s
5) AP\'s
6) Driver\'s license
7) SSN card (just in case they need SS nos.)
8) Passport

Got PP stamped today.

Got my PP stamped today. Documents needed 2 ADIT type photos, EAD and AP documents, passport of course and DL with current address. It is a straight forward process- no sweat!
Have fun!