485 transferred to local office-milwaukee

special485

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone know how long it takes to schedule a interview after the transfer from NSC to Milwaukee Local Office.
What are the Documents required for the interview?
Can anyone had Interview experience in milwaukee local office?

ND Apr 2002
RFE Feb 2004
RFE RD 03/04/2004
TD 03/10/2004

Milwaukee interview

My case took 6 months between case tranfer and interview. As for the documents you need, I took pretty much every piece of document that I had ever submitted to INS during our immigration process.

Hi MSNGuy,

What kind of transfer notice did you get?. I got the notice which says for speed processing this case has been transferred to local service center. It didnt say anything about interview. Did yours notice say that for speed processing the case is been transferred?. please reply.

Any information

Hi Specail 485.
My case was transfered to INS Milwaukee Office on May 7th, and received the notice on May 11, Do you konow how long it take for you to receive the Interview Notice from INS-Milwaukee Office? I guess you must have your interview done and how was the experience?
Can you get the stamps right after interview? Do you need your name check done? We have our second finger print on Dec 26, in that case, do you think we still need Name Check?
Really appreciate your help!

Milwaukee transfer

Yes, our letter also said 'speed-processing' although it was hardly so. I think that term just comes from their standard letter template.

In our particular care, it took about six months from the time our case got transferred to the time we got our approval (transferred April '03, Second finger printing August '03, Interview/Approval October '03).

As for whether you get the stamp the same day, no guarantee on that. The day I went, there were two other people also who I knew. None of them got their stamps. For one of them, the finger prints had expired and they had failed to send a new finger printing notice prior to the interview. In the other case, they were told that the officer didn't have a VISA number. Actually, we were told the same thing initially but luckily we had our lawyer with us who told the officer that were are willing to wait and basically kept persisting until the officer agreed to. For us, the extra cost of taking the lawyer was worth it.

How is your experience with Milwaukee INS Officers

Please share your experience with Milwaukee INS Officers. What questions they ask.
Thanks

Any update on Milwaukee Interviews

Guys, can you update your Milwaukee Interviewing process. Do they look at all the documents like W2s, tax forms, birth cert, marriage cert, employer letters etc. Is the interview tough? Any help will be appreicated.

Anyone recently approved or rejected or interviewed. Even if you have friend who got this done please post

Hello Everyone,
I am in the same boat as most of the people here. I got a transfer notice on Nov 7th 2004 stating that the I485 case has been transfered to the Milwaukee office for speed processing. Anyone has any idea how long is it taking to get an interview at Mlwaukee??

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to see if anyone got an update on their Milwaukee local office tranfered case. My case was transfered on Nov 7th and I have not heard of anything new. A couple of my friends who got filed 485 with me already got their approvals.
Let me know if someone knows whats going on in Milwaukee.

Regards,

Milwaukee transfer

My case was also transferred to Milwaukee on 15th Nov. If you haven't yet heard from them, call the USCIS 1-800 number and they will send a notice to Milwaukee asking for an update. They should send you info on your case in a month.

You can request an update as long as your receipt date is at least 2 months behind the Milwaukee processing date (its Dec 03 for I-485).

Thanks for replying Teju...
Have you got your info sent to you by USCIS?
Does it mention when will you get an interview or any kind of timeline?
My 485 receipt date is Nov 2003.

Thanks,

info from USCIS

No - I haven't yet recieved a response but I requested an update only a week ago. I'm expecting a response in two weeks or so. I'll keep this thread updated.
Teju

Thanks Teju.
I will contat USCIS also and see if I can figure out whats going on with my case.
It seems a really long time for the local center to handle the case. Do you know why your case is transfered to the local office?
Is it an employment based case?
Do you know if all the tranfered cases get an interview call?

Regards,

New victum of case transfer

Hi Every one. My employment case was recently transfered (May 1st 2005) to Milwaukee office. I asked my lawer and she said its going cost extra :mad: and will take more time. She also said they are seeing more and more of this. Any one has any idea how long it takes?

I was also told that processing times posted online for Milwaukee office are for family based I-485.

bubloo & pteju. Any update on your side? Have you seen any activity as a result of reminder? I am trying to find out how much delay I should expect. 3 months, 6 month or even more!
Does sending reminders to Milwaukee office helps? Has any one tried using the online system to take an appointment and find out how long the interview delay is?

Hello Guy,
I have not heard anything yet :(
Its been almost 5 months since my case got transfered so who knows. Do you know why your case got transfered (job change, marriage etc)?

No update yet - on wed it will be 4 weeks since I requested the USCIS status update.

Has anyone tried contacting the senator's office?

Teju

Re-reading the history and checking up the processing dates for Milwaukee office I think we can see what’s going on.
Milwaukee office schedules interview date based on the day application is transferred. This means for those who had their applications transferred on June 1st 2004 (current I-485 process date @ Milwaukee office) are being interviewed right now (in Mid March 2005). So there is a lag of about 8 to 9 months. This means that your priority date pretty much goes to zero when the case is transferred to local office. The actual notice is of course sent out just a month before interview – so people suffer through the agony of wait.
It appears contacting NSC doesn't help much and in some cases those who contacted senator’s office seem to be getting better results (and earlier interview dates).

Update

I have an interview in Bloomington, MN on April 7th(next week!).

Last edited by a moderator: