485 transferred to another office - Question

sekarb

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,
Here is my situation. I have my 140 approved and 485 pending at CA service center due to retrogression issues [my PD is Jan 2002 whereas the cut off now is May 2001].
I'm currently in India visiting and planning to come back using my advance parole issued from CA service center.

I just checked my case status and it says,
"Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On February 14, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice."

I have 3 questions.
1. I don't have any idea why this is transferred there since I an working at CA. I did work several years ago at Nebraska on H-1 for a bit..but did not file any 485 or 140 there. Is this kind of transfer something common?

2. Eventhough the cutoff date according to the visa bulletin is May 2001, is there a chance that my 485 can be approved?
In otherwords, can they process and approve a 485 petition even before a visa number is available? I'm concerned because I am in India and if it is approved now I may not be able to use my Advance parole [is that right?]

3. Eventhough this has been transferred to Nebraska office now, I am assuming that my advance parole obtained from CA service center would still be valid for coming back. Am I right?

Thanks for your time.

- Sekar

I received the same information in my case -- anyone can answer this question please ?? kindly help and reply.. thank you

Guys - it is probably a mistake. If your case was transferred in a state that you do not currenlty live in, they do not have jurisdiction to process it. It may take months until they realize. Either go to the local office, or write a letter explaining the mistake.

Same thing happened to me. It took 7 months until it was redirected.

Good luck!

You are fine.

Now all the US based 485 cases will be processed at Texas service center. They are transferring all the cases to Texas. You will not have any problems. Currently there are only 2 service centers handling such cases one for US applications and other for Consular processisng (NSC). Check the notice you had received, there should be necessary actions mentioned.

Good Luck :p

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I485 just transferred to Texas Service Center. Would it delay the processing? What does it imply.

Thanks