485 Transfer to Newark Local Office

Saumit

Hi,

My 485 application was transferred to Newark as per the AVM(yet to recieve the letter). My details are as follows
PD 4-96
ND 7-99
FP 7-00
RFE 1-01
Transfer to Newark Office 2/14/01 ( Valentines\' day :) )

Is anybody else in the same boat? How much time for the interview call? One recent case set the time at 6 weeks ( someone that I personally know ) as case was transferred in Dec 00 and interview in end of Jan 01. I would appreciate ANY KIND of (personal or third party) information that u can provide.

Thanks in advance

No Title

Hi JYMY, My case has also been transferred to NewArk on the 8th of Feb 2001. My Details, PD 4/96 RD 7/99 nd 8/99 fp 6/2000 RFE for a bunch of things on 10/27/2000, RFE replied 01/17/2001 with Redo of I-140, I-140 approved Feb 6th, case transferred Feb 8th. Got notice of transfer Feb 16 2001 the Notice has a tel # which I tried and the message says it has been disconnected, so do not know what to make of it. Still hopeful.

Thanks.

Steve.

No Title

Hi,

Just spoke to my lawyer and she said that the average wait for case transferred to Newark, NJ is around 6-8 weeks. At least a glimmer of hope. My colleague\'s case was transferred to NY City; and he\'s been waiting since Nov. 2000.

No Title

Don\'t waste your time at this point talking to lawyers, etc. VSC is supposedly adjusting October 1999 applications, and they\'re dicking you around for nothing. CALL YOUR SENATOR and get his/her assistance. This is not anything special to ask for. It\'s a standard service handled by your senator\'s office - and they have special phone lines into the INS to expedite your case. You case is much overdue. You pay taxes. Get your senator involved.