485 Transfer to Local Dallas, TX office

Tkumar

RD: 09/29/01
ND:11/19/01
TD:09/18/02

Hi All,

Has anyone's case transfered to the local Dallas,TX office. What is the normal timeframe to get an interview date.

Thanks

Could you give more details?

I'm also from Dallas,TX. So I was interested in knowing more details regarding your post.

Are you transferred for interview purpose OR
is case transferred? Do you get a new receipt no. (TSC) probably if case is transferred ? Do you know the reason such as recent address change to Dallas,TX,....

If the case is transferred only for interview purpose then I "GUESS" there is not much of a problem compared to case transferred to TSC.

If case is transferred to TSC then I "THINK" it may go according to TSC processing speed. (Which is slow compared to VSC)

I myself was interested in knowing more details about these transfers. I've posted my qtns. to "milk" senior member in TSC section. His case was transferred from VSC to TSC.

I can provide following further details:

A) I've found out following posts for transfer cases: (which may not help you really so much)

http://boards.immigrationportal.com./showthread.php?s=&threadid=13823&highlight=Texas
http://boards.immigrationportal.com./showthread.php?s=&threadid=60502&highlight=given+hopes
http://boards.immigrationportal.com./showthread.php?s=&threadid=60535

B) You may get more details in TSC section (I tried but not much info. compared to VSC section. )

If you find out any more details, please share .

Thanks

I am also in the similar boat (living in Houston and 485 filed at VSC, RD-03/15/02).

Where is your Employer's office?

Normally, the I485 is filed where the I140 is filed.. and I140 has to be filed in the center which has jurisdiction over where your employers' corporate office exists.
1)Does our employer's office fall under the jurisdiction of TSC or VSC of CSC?
2) Where did the EAD/AP/I140 get filed?

My employer is in PA but I still got transferred to TSC.

Did any of you file AR 11 stating you are residing in Texas jurisdiction? I heard from one chat that AR 11 could trigger a case transfer.

:confused:

My case was filed with Very Smooth Cats.
I had been sweating a transfer down to the local
Houston office because, according to the websites,
it could take 1200 days for an interview.
(I could never ascertain whether we'd be at back
of line or could expect something quicker.)

Anyways, I mailed in AR-11 when I moved down
from Collyradee (Colorado). And I called IIO twice
to make sure they had correct address.

Cut lon stor shor, got approved last week.
So in this particular case, AR-11 wasn't detrimental
to my case.

My employer is in Vermont area. I 140 etc. are approved from Vermont.

I have lived in Dallas,TX before filing I 485 also. I'm just changing apartments in Dallas. I'm going to fill AR-11 form.

Hope this will not trigger a transfer to TSC. I've not seen many posts of transfer cases to TSC. I didn't see much info. in this forum. I don't know how TSC will handle the case transferred from VSC .

Current TSC scene is very bad. (Please visit their section. You'll see their struggle to just get the FP notice, Forget about approval !!!). It is really surprising to find so much discripancies in processing times at diff. SCs. INS must do something about it.
Otherwise applicants at some SCs are going to be really very unlucky.

This may be my bias but I find this Vermont section very informative and interesting (!!! ) compared to TSC section.

We are really very fortunate if we get approved from VSC.

I'll keep you posted if I get any details. If you have any other info. please share.

Thanks

Hi All,

my case has been transfered to TSC for an interview. I was in Dallas,TX all through my GC processing.
My employer is based out of NY, so filed for I-140 and 485 at VSC.
Labor is cleared from TSC.

Thanks