485 transfer, necessary?

roy75

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

My wife and I moved from Texas to Massachuett last year. Our I-140 was approved at TSC, where our 485 are currently pending. My question is do we have to transfer our 485 from TSC to VSC? I merely remeber seeing someone on this forum mention this is a must after the relocation.

Just want to make sure. Please share your expericence/thoughts, and clarification. Thanks in advance!

You do not need to any thing like that. Moreover you cannot do it also. All you can do is send AR11 and Inform BCIS by calling 1-800 number. They will transfer it if they want. Transfer may cause delay in the process again

my case was transferred

roy75

I was in same situation as you are , I140 from TSC and 485 filed in TSC RD/ND 02/02.

case transferred to boston local office on april'28th. Reason is TSC does not have juridisction over my case.

what's yoru rd/nd?

hgc said:
roy75

I was in same situation as you are , I140 from TSC and 485 filed in TSC RD/ND 02/02.

case transferred to boston local office on april'28th. Reason is TSC does not have juridisction over my case.

what's yoru rd/nd?

Jurisdiction may not be an issue. Transfers are just random. My I-140 and I-485 is applied at VSC. But I am in Texas. My neighbors are from NSC and VSC. Both of them got approvals without a transfer. On the other hand there are lot of guys in VSC area and applied at VSC still got transfer to local office.

It is really random