485 submission

bir999

Registered Users (C)
My i-140 is approved per AVM, but i/attotney am yet to recieve notification by mail. Can i go ahead and submitt 485 and 765 forms to INS without the actual receipt of 140 approval

not a good idea..

what you can do meanwhile is keep everyhting else ready to be filed - you should receive the I-140 approval soon and as soon as you do, just attach a copy and send out the 485 app.

I know you are anxious to file since the dates are current but this could trigger a problem, a possible RFE.

So, wait if you can.

For me it took one week getting approval notice.. so

you can get your approval notice within anytime after approval. So you get ready with everything like Medicals.., photos, Birth certificates/affidavits..., filling the forms.. etc.
Rememeber: photos should be taken within 30 days of filing date(Requirement).

I-485 could be rejected.....

due to lack of initial evidence as a result of which you would end up loosing 2-3 months. The I-485 filing requires a copy of valid I-140 (atleast) while filing since the entire application is based on I-140 petition (for employment-based cases). INS does an initial scrutiny before accepting the application and issuing a receipt. This is just my understanding. You should consult a lawyer.

My understanding is that you have to attach the original approval notice of I-140 to file I-485.

Like others already pointed out, just get everything else ready while you are waiting for the notice.