Confused with change of status on my 485 case

• is it good news

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • is NSC approving Sep02 cases

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bling

I have filed my 485 at NSC in SEP02 , I have been checking online whether there is any movement in my case and very recently the status of the case has been updated to

On July 9, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Did anyone on this forum received a similar message , I am confused because on the same day my spouse case was also filed and his status did not change still it says 570-600 days.

Thanks in advance for your help

I moved my residence

.. and called in a CoA at NCSC. 2 days later the status changed to

On July 9, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

What is interesting is the July 9, 2003 date. What happened on this day to have caused the status to be updated. My FPs were sent by FBI to the erstwhile INS on Jan 28, 2003.

Is status change a good thing... yes.. something is better than nothing... but does this mean they are processing at higher speeds... Can't say

Cheers!!

Hi Sairam,

My RD is 27 Nov 2002 - same as your month

When you changed residence did you move states?

Also what does 'CoA' mean?

Well if it helps I guess I can change my residence and try my luck too:)

thanks,
MrCoolz

Mr.Coolz

CoA = Change of Address

I called in a CoA on 8/27/03 - I did not move states. I noticed the status was updated on 8/29/03. Is there a connection? I don't know.

No change in my status .. same 570-600 day message

My ND is Sept 2002 too and there was no change in my status message.

Add me also...........

No change in my status .. same 570-600 day message
-----------------------------------------------
My RD is Feb 2002 and FP of spouse and me were done in Nov 02,my spouse's message is updated to "Ur FP were taken on Nov................."
but mine is still the same

my guess guys

I believe when your finger print results came in simply some body might have put in your file and did not update the system,
well when you changed your Address , the officer updating your address might have found that your finger print status is not updated in the system, so he might have did that. My online status updated immediately after recieving my finger print results and same message for 1 year 6 months.

RD: Feb 06,2002
ND: Feb 12,2002
FP : Mar 18, 2002
AD:------

waiting_for_485