485 RFE question

krson

Registered Users (C)
In my 485 RFE, it is asked to produce employement history since my last lawful admission. I think last lawful admission means my last entry to US right. My last entry (I94) is March 2004. After that i have not changed to any company. I am with the same company with whom i filed the GC. The RFE says to include W2, 1040, pay stubs, crossed checks to prove employemnt history since last lawful admission. Since my last entry is March this year itself, i cannot produce the W2 and 1040 of this year. But one of my friends told to send all the W2 and 1040 since your first entry to US. Does anyone had this kind of RFE and how did you replied to it. Any suggestions.

thanks

krson said:
In my 485 RFE, it is asked to produce employement history since my last lawful admission. I think last lawful admission means my last entry to US right. My last entry (I94) is March 2004. After that i have not changed to any company. I am with the same company with whom i filed the GC. The RFE says to include W2, 1040, pay stubs, crossed checks to prove employemnt history since last lawful admission. Since my last entry is March this year itself, i cannot produce the W2 and 1040 of this year. But one of my friends told to send all the W2 and 1040 since your first entry to US. Does anyone had this kind of RFE and how did you replied to it. Any suggestions.

thanks

If it asks for history since last entry, I would only give pay stubs since March 2004, including a current letter of employment verification. At the most you can include last W2 and 1040 (2003), but not more than that. Sometimes giving too much information can open a can of worms, especially if your pay was less in any previous year or you had change of employment etc. So give as much as is asked for, and nothing more.

sertra2002 said:
If it asks for history since last entry, I would only give pay stubs since March 2004, including a current letter of employment verification. At the most you can include last W2 and 1040 (2003), but not more than that. Sometimes giving too much information can open a can of worms, especially if your pay was less in any previous year or you had change of employment etc. So give as much as is asked for, and nothing more.

I would agree. I would specifically mention in the covering letter than last lawful entry was in March 2004 and that there has been no W2's or 1040's since then but including 2003 W2 and 1040 (provided there is no issue with 2003 W2 and 1040, if not I wouldn't include them either).

how to define last lawful entry

If I use AP to enter, will that count as last lawful entry? Or that last lawful entry only means the last time when I used H-1 visa to enter?

liyan said:
If I use AP to enter, will that count as last lawful entry? Or that last lawful entry only means the last time when I used H-1 visa to enter?

So are u suggestiong that entry on AP was un-lawful (that being the opposite of lawful) !? I hope my question answers your question :) !