485 RFE help

jbxie70

Registered Users (C)
Got an RFE today saying that I missed finger print on March 2006. But I never received the notice. This RFE is sent to my old address and luckily it was transferred to my new address. I suspect that the finger print notice was sent to my old address as well and got lost somewhere. I moved in 2005 and filed AR-11 in 10 days after moving. I don't remember if I called the 1-800 number to notify USCIS. Filed AP and EAD twice this year using my new address and received both approval notice that were sent to my new address.

The RFE asks me to supply evidence to support that it is not my fault to miss the finger print. What should I do? What documents I need to provide? Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear about uour problem. AR11 is a legal requirement and has nothing to do with your pending applications. It is cruicial to call the 800 # and recieve a written confirmation from USCIS that the address has been updated for all pending cases. Similarly AP and EAD applications are treated seperately and 485 address does not get updated by recieving AP/AD at the new address.
Your situation regarding RFE is very serious and you should immediately hire a competent immigration attorney if you already dont have one and let the attorney handle this. Not appearing for FP is concidered abondenment and is ground for denial.

Thanks for the reply. I am very frustrated when receiving this RFE. Anyone has the same situation, can you please share your experience? Does anyone know what type of supporting documents I need to provide?

chk with lawyer

i had similar situation, mmy lawyer responded to them, now my case is back in processing queue as i got an medical RFE recently.

Ironacilly my fingerprinting was also dated March 2006, i guess they lost a bunch of fingerprinting notice in mail.

harry321 said:
i had similar situation, mmy lawyer responded to them, now my case is back in processing queue as i got an medical RFE recently.

Ironacilly my fingerprinting was also dated March 2006, i guess they lost a bunch of fingerprinting notice in mail.

Harry321,

Can you please let me know what kind of documents/evidence your lawer provided? When did you get the RFE and when did your lawer reply back? Is your case filed at TSC as well? I feel better after knowing a similar case has successfully sailed through all these uncertainties.

My lawyer just asked me if i received the finger printing notice and i told him that i did not get one.
He responded back to the offiecer at TSC taht neither I nor the lawyer got the Fingerprinting notice and my wife got the notice around same time.

After that my case got back on track, recently they sent a Medical RFE.

Chk with you lawyerthey should know what to send to the officer.

jbxie70 said:
Harry321,

Can you please let me know what kind of documents/evidence your lawer provided? When did you get the RFE and when did your lawer reply back? Is your case filed at TSC as well? I feel better after knowing a similar case has successfully sailed through all these uncertainties.
Go to the post office and see if you can get the record of change of address. Then try the InfoPass with the forwarded letter and evidence of change of address. If you have a lawyer, why don't you let him to handle it?

thanks a lot, guys. This forum never lets me down. I obtained a record of change of address from USPS and a delivery confirmation for AR-11. Scheduled an appointment through Infopass next week. WIll let you know what happens. Meanwhile, any other suggestions? Are there any templates for RFE response? Don't have a lawyer yet. Fired the prior one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The AR-11 has no effect on your pending I-485 at a Service Center. When you go through the InfoPass, let the officer check your address in their computer. Is it an old or new one? You need to prove it is not your fault. The officer will probably let you do the FP immediately.