485 RD/ND of July 2001

RenewMyEAD

Registered Users (C)
I have been finally called for my FP on May 12, 2003.
Gurus, from your experience: how soon will i be approved after that...2 months, 5 months, 8 months?

the reason i ask is coz i need to go back home and get married and bring my wife here on Follow To Join. Due to prior commitments here...i cannot leave for India for atleast another 2 months...so i know its gonna be a nail biting finish as to whether my GC gets approved first or whether i can go back home and get married first.

BTW...my third EAD came in the mail yesterday...had applied on Jan 28, 2003. TSC has improved its speed.

There is no specific period after FP in which you can expect an approval. My FP was done 12/02 and case was immediately assigned to an officer on 12/19/02. Still waiting for the coveted approval.

RenewMyEAD,

Given the current situation nobody can even guess when the approvals will come, you don't want to take a chance with you marriage. Go and get married soon.

I am glad to see that EAD approval came so fast. Mine expires end of this yr and I was planning to renew soon, given your timeframe I still have some time.

PD - 5/98
RD - 9/01
FP - 2/03
AD - Hopefully soon.....