485 Pre Adjudicated but Namecheck PenDing

raj_nov10

Registered Users (C)
Today I spoke with Nice IO and she mentioned my case is Pre-Adjudicated on Aug 8th .but Letter dated Aug 20th regarding SR states my case is still pening on security checks ..

Is it possible to get 485 pre adjudicated and security checks pending?

Thanks in advance

===========

PD - June 03 - EB3
I485 - Aug 04
4th EAD/AP Approved - Jul 07

Last edited by a moderator:
Raj...if your Case is pre-adjudicated then you are close to approval. Name check is pending is a standard answer.

Thanks M.T.Reddy ..Pre-Adjudicated means all checks are cleared ?

Thanks in advance

===========

PD - June 03 - EB3
I485 - Aug 04

I was told pre-adjudicated and also additional review and name check pending.
I am guessing pre-adjudicated most probably all checks are cleared.

But I could be wrong too...!!

rir_or check if your finger prints are expired or something is missing. You never know USCIS has thousands of cases and things can be misplaced

Today I spoke with Nice IO and she mentioned my case is Pre-Adjudicated on Aug 8th .but Letter dated Aug 20th regarding SR states my case is still pening on security checks ..

Is it possible to get 485 pre adjudicated and security checks pending?

Thanks in advance

===========

PD - June 03 - EB3
I485 - Aug 04

My undersranding of pre-adjudication is that an adjudicator reviewed your case, and marked it as ready for approval as soon as your background checks clear. When the system connects your namecheck results with your case, it'll be automatically approved. The adjudicator won't be opening your case again. Approval can happen in a few days or few months, depending on how soon namecheck results get back. I imagine pre-adjudication has an expiry date: if namecheck takes too long, your case will be reviewed once more

mtreddy, thank you. I am consistenly getting namecheck pending from multiple sources.

What does it all mean

So guys, I talked to an IO about a week and he said that my case is "pending background security check which is done by another agency". What does it mean?
Does it mean my case is pre-adjudicated and pending Name Check clearance? What is the sequence of steps that happens in approving a 485?

My I-485 case was pre-adjudicated in August 2006, but name check is still pending (information from Congressman).