rs20021

Registered Users (C)
hello,
RD: December 15th, 2001
ND: December 21st, 2001
FP: April, 2002

EB2

I485 pending

I plan to get married in the next 3-4 months. My fiancee is on F1-status in the US. He will probably get an H1B.. But I would like to get him on the 485 alternatively as soon as possible.. What are the processing times for I130 (petition) I485 / 765/ AP (does this have to be filed after I130 or can it be done at the same time)

Thank you

Hi

Hi,
I think you can add your fiancee as early possible on your 485. I added my wife after my finger prints. As long as you don't get your 485 approval i think you can add your fiancee but talk to your lawyer.

SAM

Actually, as long as you get married before your approval you can file your spouse's I-485. It does not matter whether you file it as soon as marriage or at a later point in time. All that matters is you should be married before your approval.

If you think that you would be able to get your approval within the next 6 months, then you should file your spouse's after you get your approval, if not you risk a local transfer and you don't know how long thats going to take.

Good Luck.