485 medical exam

Matzger

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

How long the medical exam will be expired? If it is valid for only 1 year, and my 485 is not approved in 1 year, will I get a RFE to redo medical exam? Thank you.

That's old rule

USCIS on Medical Certifications for Adjustment Applicants

January 16, 2004 -- In a United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) memorandum dated January 8, 2004, USCIS Associate Director of Operations William R. Yates announced that the validity of medical certifications for certain adjustment applicants would be extended until the adjudication of the adjustment application. This guidance is indicative of the current delays and backlogs in processing adjustment of status cases.

The memorandum recognizes that, because of backlogs, many adjustment applications are pending for more than the customary one-year validity period of the Form I-693 medical certification. Under a policy that will be effective until January 1, 2005, medical certifications for adjustment applicants will be deemed to be valid until the adjustment application is adjudicated, except where the applicant has a medical condition in Class A (which includes active tuberculosis, alcoholism, drug addiction, certain mental disorders, and sexually transmitted diseases) or Class B (which includes inactive tuberculosis).