485 Issue.

Vicky1010

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My I140 has approved last 10 months back. I got my FP and is schedule in April'05. My question is I've W2 with gross Income as only 33K where as while filing Labour my employer showed it as 55K. Does it going to have any effect in my 485 process?. Pls do let me know.
Thanks

It is generally suggested that your income can vary upto +/- 5% than that posted on your labor certificate. However there are different school of thoughts on this issue. Why is ur salary so low? Any bench periods?

If there is no RFE, you will be fine. However, if you get RFE, chances are you will be asked for paystub and employment letter. You paystub will not favor you so your employer must agree to pay $55000 if granted GC in the employment letter.

Best luck. You can change your job to get a higher salary to avoid much hassel.

Vicky1010 said:
Hi,
My I140 has approved last 10 months back. I got my FP and is schedule in April'05. My question is I've W2 with gross Income as only 33K where as while filing Labour my employer showed it as 55K. Does it going to have any effect in my 485 process?. Pls do let me know.
Thanks

mine is similar case

Hi,

My I-140 is approved but my Wages on W2 show only 37k, but the LC application was filed with 60k.

I would like to know if it would be good to amend the W2 ??
or just file the extra amount as taxable while submitting tax returns - will this be enough.

I was taking $8 as perdium, but i have discontinued taking that from now.

Will USCIS look for all the old W2's or just the current paychecks.

Cany USCIS deny this case ? - any possibility :confused: :confused: :confused:

sambos said:
Will USCIS look for all the old W2's or just the current paychecks.

Cany USCIS deny this case ? - any possibility :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sometimes they check current or last three W2(s) and recent paystubs. If your recent paystubs are close to 60K then you are fine (little bit more or less is OK).