485 Interview in NYC

bqs

Registered Users (C)
In the beginning of January, I finally received an Appointment letter from INS for an Adjustment of Status interview. The interview is
scheduled for September, 2001 (my case was transferred from VSC in September, 2001). With the same letter came a letter asking me
to submit fingerprints toward the end of February, 2001. I\'m not sure why they are asking me for fingerprints when I had fingerprints done
in May of 2000. Is there anybody out there who has more information? I understand that questioning the logic of INS is pointless, but it seems
to me that by asking for new fingerprints INS is able to prolong the process even further. As many other "interviewees" I\'m a 245i case.
I also had contacted the local congresswoman and before getting the interview notice, INS notified her office that it currently is scheduling interviews for
Adjustment of Status in September of 2001.
Good luck to all.

No Title

Finger prints expire after one year. My guess is that, INS is asking you go get it done again so that you will have a valid FP available when you go for your interview.

No Title

actually, they expire after 15 months; so if you did your FP before jun00, you\'d need to redo it. You are lucky that they have realised this and asked you in advance. Sometimes they realise it at the time of interview and ask you to do redo FP at that time, which will easily add another couple of months for your approval. So, be happy that you know the date you\'ll be getting your GC and have a good life ... ;-)

BTW, can you please clarify for the benefit of others, how you came under 245i? You are the 2nd 245i case I know of that got transferred to local office (longsufferrer on isn.org is the other such case).

No Title

I applied for political asylum in December 1989 and heard from INS for the first time in 1996. In December 1996 my employer agreed to
 sponsor me for a green card. Technically, my original case for political asylum could have still been pending, but last summer I asked that it be
remanded in order to be able to apply for an advance parole.
My impression is that the majority of the cases sent for an interview are 245i cases, looks like the revenge of the INS...:))

No Title

Hey bqs ..can you be more specific about dates..is your ..I guess i ma exaclty in the same shoes ..245i and interview , no letter yet.
My case was transferred in Dec 00.
When exaclty was your case transferred by vsc to nys ?

No Title

Did you pay $1000 fee while you filed your 245i application? Thanks.