485 Filed, EAD Expired should u leave country

mrv1

Registered Users (C)
or you continue on adjustment status until you hear something from INS.
only problem I see is you can not work if EAD Expires but you will not be counted as out of status.

any opinions
thank you

Oh No..

Yes you should start immediately...

Dont panic, I am just kidding.

EAD is just a document that authorizes you to work. You are legal to stay in the US until a decision is made for your I-485 application even if you do not have any other valid non-immigrant visa (H1, L1, H4, L2, etc.,).

But make sure you do not work after your EAD is expired. That could get you into trouble from INS. Renew your EAD and then start working.

Consult an attorney if you need legal advice.

jericho02

Thanks

but how do you renew your Expired EAD if you are not working for sponsoring employer.

thank you

EAD EXPIRED before renewal application

Hi...

My 485 is being processed. Meanwhile, my EAD expired on 10/24/01. I was under the opinion that my employer had filed the renewal (I had given them new photos and completed appln). In November, I found out that the documents did not reach my attorney and so it was not filed.

What are the implications of this on my GC process ?
How should I go about fixing this mess ?

Thank you
SA

Same as always

There is no requirement that you be working for your sponsor during the I-485 process. All you need to demonstrate is that you have an I-485 pending.

EAD

1. Consult an attorney asap.

2. You will be considered in illegal employment if your EAD was not valid.

3. Apply for renewal YOURSELF - ASAP. There is no need to depend on the co. lawyer for this. In fact, the best thing is ALWAYS APPLY FOR RENEWAL 90 DAYS IN ADVANCE from your expiry date of the EAD. The reason is, it takes about 90 days for the renewal. If by 90 days you still don\'t have the renewed EAD, you may go to a local INS office and they will issue one. Note that they don\'t do this unless 90 days have been passed. So in your case, you may not go in person and get the EAD right away.

4. Your 485 may continue, but you may be in trouble if called for an interview and the time gap is noticed.

All the best ...

can you apply for EAD with out any company letter

showing the continued employment.

I looked at EAD Document and the supporing document does not even mention for a supporing letter from employer who is sponsoring GC

letter

supporting letter is required for 485 applicaton. EAD is a sub part of 485 if you will. So EAD application does not require that letter, but a reference to the 485 applilcation. You may send a copy of the receipt notice if any other proof of the application of 485.