485 denied - Abandonment

bade_babuji

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We recd a notice for denial of our Employment based-485 due to abandonment. USCIS says they sent us a FP notice but we did not receive it. We filled an AR 11 for address change before the alleged notice was sent out. Our new address is on the notice. We don't have proof of sending this AR 11.

We also filed for a replacement EAD before the denial date.

We have filed an MTR to reopen. What are the prospects of reopening the case ? How long is it taking to reopen in CSC ? Is it an involved affair or does it look straightforward. As of now I am out of status and cannot afford to be for more than 180 days or else I won't even be able to come back into the country for the next 3 years if I leave. My 6 year H1 has lapsed. I have used my ead for employment.

What are my options ?

Worried. Worried. Worried.
TIA.

bade babuji,

Eventhough you file AR11, unless you call the USCIS customer service and ask them to change your address, the change of address will not be done in USCIS records.

I don't know about MTR.

Inlineforgc_03

bade_babuji said:
Hi,

We recd a notice for denial of our Employment based-485 due to abandonment. USCIS says they sent us a FP notice but we did not receive it. We filled an AR 11 for address change before the alleged notice was sent out. Our new address is on the notice. We don't have proof of sending this AR 11.

We also filed for a replacement EAD before the denial date.

We have filed an MTR to reopen. What are the prospects of reopening the case ? How long is it taking to reopen in CSC ? Is it an involved affair or does it look straightforward. As of now I am out of status and cannot afford to be for more than 180 days or else I won't even be able to come back into the country for the next 3 years if I leave. My 6 year H1 has lapsed. I have used my ead for employment.

What are my options ?

Worried. Worried. Worried.
TIA.

Since this is cannot be proved by both parties, there should not be serious implications. May be it is more waiting, but I believe there should not be any issues.

Good luck.

My story is also unique.
I changed address for my wife and me in month of june. We also called USCIS.
I received acknowledgement letter after few days for my address change.
I received FP notice in September but my wife did not.
I knew there was something wrong because my office had actually received a copy for my wife too.
Then suddenly there were LUD changes for my wife's I-485 case and yesterday she received FP notice which was remailed.
Also they sent regular letter which they send acknowledging change of address, after 5 months.
So they can sometimes, miss the letters and then blame us............
Check with your employer. They must have received the copies of FP notice.
Anywayz, I assume that it will have your old address in it.

Did you get a acknowledgement for address change?When?microdev1 , how much time did it take to get the acknowledgement?

Thanks
Aniruddha

Even I had called and requested for change of address in August 1st week, but till now I have not recieved any letter from USCIS confirming the change of address. Do they mail the confirmation for all the change of address requests or only few gets the confirmation ?