485 concurrent approvals at NSC is just a pilot program?

ABT

Registered Users (C)
Is this concurrent flow at NSC is just a pilot program or they are implementing it fully. As far as I see, they are implementing it randomly. As much as half the Sep/Oct 03 cases whose 140 were approved recently didn’t get their 485 approvals.

1) 485 concurrently not approved because NSC is applying it as a pilot program and picking the cases randomly for concurrent approval.
2)485 concurrently not approved because name checks or some security checks are still pending. If this is true, one of there memos mentioned, “140 cases will not be adjudicated until 485 is ready for adjudication”. So, in this case that statement is contradicting.
3)Because officer forgot to approve 485 or went on vacation or shifted to other dept…etc

Guys please post your details if your 140 were approved recently and you haven’t heard anything on your 485.

Gurus please shed some light on this random saga.

ABT said:
Is this concurrent flow at NSC is just a pilot program or they are implementing it fully. As far as I see, they are implementing it randomly. As much as half the Sep/Oct 03 cases whose 140 were approved recently didn’t get their 485 approvals.

1) 485 concurrently not approved because NSC is applying it as a pilot program and picking the cases randomly for concurrent approval.
2)485 concurrently not approved because name checks or some security checks are still pending. If this is true, one of there memos mentioned, “140 cases will not be adjudicated until 485 is ready for adjudication”. So, in this case that statement is contradicting.
3)Because officer forgot to approve 485 or went on vacation or shifted to other dept…etc

Guys please post your details if your 140 were approved recently and you haven’t heard anything on your 485.

There is no Pilot Program at NSC (only at CSC and only for EB2s since June I think). NSC follows Ohata memo randomly at NSC, that is all.

ABT said:

ABT,

I got my 140 approved on 10/27/04 but 485 is still pending.
My phone message is still reporing error. My FP was done on 15th May.
I was hoping that my 485 would be processed concurrently.
I dont know if they are considering my case as concurrent or not though my lawer says that my case is concurrent.

Your thoughts !!!

In-Delema

In-Delema said:
ABT,

I got my 140 approved on 10/27/04 but 485 is still pending.
My phone message is still reporing error. My FP was done on 15th May.
I was hoping that my 485 would be processed concurrently.
I dont know if they are considering my case as concurrent or not though my lawer says that my case is concurrent.

Your thoughts !!!

In-Delema[/QUOTE

From what I have seen in this site i re NSC, they are unpredictable - some concurrent cases got I-140/1-485 approved the same day, some got I-485 approved a few days or a couple of weeks later, some are still waiting for I 485. If they follow Ohata memo in your case In-Delema, then they probably have your I-485 ready too, and you will get it very soon - but, who knows.....

The simple reason is that your name check and security checks have not been completed.I think initially the plan was to keep140 approval pending till they are complete but now apparently there is a rethink because it would be a nightmare for them to pick up 140 applications in any random order ,so they thankfully they have done the best next thing,ie approve concurrently if all your security checks have been complete or just approve 140 if checks are pending.I would like to think our backlog petiition has made a difference here.

How do I check if my namecheck is clear or not.

If i call USCIS, will they tell me about my name check.

Thanks
--In-delema

gcbandwagon said:
The simple reason is that your name check and security checks have not been completed.I think initially the plan was to keep140 approval pending till they are complete but now apparently there is a rethink because it would be a nightmare for them to pick up 140 applications in any random order ,so they thankfully they have done the best next thing,ie approve concurrently if all your security checks have been complete or just approve 140 if checks are pending.I would like to think our backlog petiition has made a difference here.

That makes sense - so we can see they are processing EB3 I-140s in order, but what is going on with concurrent I-140/485 EB2s - they seem to be skipped altogether????????

well all those whose 140s are approved and 485s are pending should see 485 approved soon. they can not really approve a 140 now and keep you waiting for 485 because that would leave them no where, neither concurrent nor a non concurrent fashion. most of the concurrent people who have got a 140 approval have seen a 485 update in very short time, in some cases it might have been a a few weeks or 1 or 2 months or may be an RFE but if you have filed concurrently they will look at 140 and 485 together. that is a consensus and there are no 2 ways to it anymore at NSC.

you guys have got ur 140s approved, be happy , because most of the people here are also waiting for that, look at eb2.

wait for a few weeks or a month or 2 , from what i have seen everyone sees some kind of an update on 485.

have patience, u r almost there.

In-Delema.. Here is the Contact info for NAME Check

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752
William Hooton – Asst Director RMD Office – (202)-324-7129 (Use as a last measure only)

shre said:
FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752
William Hooton – Asst Director RMD Office – (202)-324-7129 (Use as a last measure only)

Thanks shre

I will contact FBI and let you know the outcome.

In-Delema

- What were the PDs of the guys who got 140 and\or 485 approvals recently? Were those in 2001, 2002 or 2003.
- Looks like most of the approvals have been > 3rd week of Sept and upto 3rd week Oct, EB3
- Wondering if Sep\Oct EB3 fellas with PDs in 03 turn out to be the luckiest since PDs for EB3 will retrogress to 2002 (as per Susterman's site) as early as Jan 05. Shouldn't we start looking at the PD's thing too since we may continue to see > Oct 03 approvals after Jan 05 cos their PDs were current.
- what do you guys think would happen to say 03 NSC EB3files like e.g. say someone with PD in Mar 03 and filed 140\485 in Dec 03 and PDs retrogress to July 02. Their 140 is not yet approved and as per NSC's concurrent policy will be approved together with 485 but as per PD wont be approved till PDs become current for them. So are we talking about 2 years or more of waiting for 140. Is AC 21 history?

I feel that for EB2 folks its just a matter of time before the engine starts rolling.

looks like we need to start the scanner again and tracking approvals.

Hi avi101,
Make sense. My PD 04/29/2003. My I40 got approved in April.. on 10/26 they touched my I-485 and LUD update for two days.

for name check, FBI has discontinued phone, fax contact from Sept 2004. the only way to contact them is by email : 'fbinncp@ic.fbi.gov'
i'm not sure how soon they respond though - i have emailed them 10 days back - havent heard back - gave them my DOB, Alien#, email id, home address, tel no as part of the email.

MJ23/others,

When should I contact FBI to get the name check status ?. After someone completes FP, his/her I-485 status could be one of the following :

the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

or

the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

When should I contact them ? -- if the msg is first or second ??

Thanks !!