485 case transferred to Tampa Florida

fl485_transfer

Registered Users (C)
My online status is changed as follows

"On February 13, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in TAMPA, FL for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in TAMPA, FL will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283"

Is anybody's case transferred to Tampa? In fact I live in Boca Raton and they transferred to Tampa. Boca Raton falls in WestPalm beach INS office.

Do anybody has idea why transfer cases to local office? How long is the wait time to get interview? How long do I need to go to Tampa office as they mentioned or do i need to go to west palm office/

Thanks,

I believe Tampa is working on 2/2002 cases. If you are from WPB, your case will be transferred to that office from Tampa.

My case was transferred to Miami on Dec 15, 2003 even though I live here in Tampa. Later, Miami office transferred the case to here in Tampa. My RD is 8/23/01 and FP on 12/02. No word from Tampa office yet.

What's your RD/FP information?

Tampa is processing 02/2002? unbelevalble...seems like we have another bit wait?????

My RD is 07/01, ND is 08/01 FP done in 04/03. Do you have any idea about the processing times at West Palm office? Can you pls. give contact number for west palm office. Did you speak with any officers in that office? any info in your discussion? Also do they follow our RD or transfer date/

Thanks

Hi saprano,

You mentioned ur case is tranferred from Miami to Tampa as you live in Tampa. How many day did they take to transfer the case from Miami to Tampa? Did you speak to any office in Tampa office? Processing date is 02/2002? May be for transfer applications this date doen't apply.

I believe that date applies to Family cases, not EB.

I did speak to officer at Tampa Office on Jan12, and they confirmed that my case is pending at their office. My transfer data from TSC to Miami was 12/15/03. Hope this helps.

Saprano,

How did you get to talk to an officer in Tampa? There is no phone number listed and they don't take walk-ins. Did they tell you what date they are working on for EB based 485? My lawyer said some offices really don't differentiate EB transfer cases from family based cases. I hope this is the case with Tampa as they do seem to be moving rather fast in the past couple of months.

fl485, Any updates?

Have you been contacted by the office in Tampa yet? What's is your status now?

My case was transferred to Tampa last week. How long do you think it will take for them to contact me?

Thanks for your help

Case approved

Online status says my file is transferred to Tampa, but in fact I live in west plam beach jusridiction, so when I tracked the file with the help of west palm beach office, I understand that the file is initially trasnferred to Miami and then it was sent to West Palm. In about three weeks, my file arrived west plam beach office after TSC transferred it to Miami.

Last week, they conducted interview and without any questions, they approved my case, but I am prepared with all the documents.

wish you good luck

Congrats

fl485_Transfer,

Congrats! Would you please tell me what kind of documents you prepared and waht they asked during the interview?

Thanks a lot and enjoy your freedom!

Should I bring photos to the interview?

I think there's a good chance we get approved in our interview (hopes are high). Do we need to provide photos to order the GC? We were not asked to bring any.

fl485_transfer said:
Online status says my file is transferred to Tampa, but in fact I live in west plam beach jusridiction, so when I tracked the file with the help of west palm beach office, I understand that the file is initially trasnferred to Miami and then it was sent to West Palm. In about three weeks, my file arrived west plam beach office after TSC transferred it to Miami.

Last week, they conducted interview and without any questions, they approved my case, but I am prepared with all the documents.

wish you good luck
Do you think that it was a good idea that you contacted the WPB office?

I am exactly in the same situation. My file was transferred to Miami in 5/2004 instead of WPB office. Should I contact these offices or they will take care of it on their own?

Thanks in advance.