485 at two different processing centers.

Sandhya123

Registered Users (C)
We applied for I-140, 485 & EAD concurrently in Nov '04(Nebraska) through my husband's future employer. We got both of our EADs approved in Dec '04. but we are not using them yet.

I am on H1 working in west coast. Since the processing times of California service center seems to be very fast, I am planning ask my present employer to start my Labor processing through PERM(EB3). Does this actually help? I heard we have to choose only one of these two LCs for 485 process. Is this true? Please advise me.

Thank you very much and wish you all good luck.

Sandhya123 said:
We applied for I-140, 485 & EAD concurrently in Nov '04(Nebraska) through my husband's future employer. We got both of our EADs approved in Dec '04. but we are not using them yet.

Nov 2004 .. U might get Ur 140 soon... You can apply for PERM .. but if U are from retro affected country ... it might not help.. Unless U want to go EB1.

Although U can apply for PERM .. u cannot do the other steps .. unless Ur husband withdraws his application...

If I were U .. I would stick with the allready applied applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks lot for your response.

"Nov 2004 .. U might get Ur 140 soon... "
- Naa.. We got an RFE on his 140 and working on it now. I don't understand why is the processing at NSC is so slow.

"Although U can apply for PERM .. u cannot do the other steps .. unless Ur husband withdraws his application..."

I was thinking I can maintain my priority date and use my labor incase if there is some problem with my husband's GC. Does this help?

You can apply any number of Labor's/140/485. No issue/ no restriction at all.

Go ahead..what's RFE?

Sandhya123 said:
Thanks lot for your response.

"Nov 2004 .. U might get Ur 140 soon... "
- Naa.. We got an RFE on his 140 and working on it now. I don't understand why is the processing at NSC is so slow.

"Although U can apply for PERM .. u cannot do the other steps .. unless Ur husband withdraws his application..."

I was thinking I can maintain my priority date and use my labor incase if there is some problem with my husband's GC. Does this help?

As far as I know you can only have one 485 (but legally it's OK to have multiple LCs and 140s)

I believe cfiler's comments. We can not apply multiple 485s.

BTW - A0001, where did you read that we can apply any number of 485's?

Once if get approved one I-485 then remaining 485's will be nullified.

jaiganesh said:
I believe cfiler's comments. We can not apply multiple 485s.

BTW - A0001, where did you read that we can apply any number of 485's?