485 Approved..

pyr_03

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

My I-485 approved last week. Thanks for this forum.

ND : Jul 10th 2003 (vsc).
Approval: 2'nd Nov 2004.

I'm planning to travel to India in last week of Jan '2005. I'm not sure whether I'm going to get my GC card by that..if not can I travel India with I-551 stamp.
Please advice !!

Thanks,
Pyr

Congratulations.

I believe that you do not have any problem to travel. also i think you get your plastic card before end of jan. You have around 3 months of time. so you are ok.

Congratulations pyr !!
I read in murthy.com dated Oct 19th, that
"The U.S. Customs and Border Protection, which employs the Port of Entry officers, has now indicated that they will continue to honor the I-551 stamp as a valid travel document"
Lets see what some experts say..
-vascan
ND Jun 2003
Approval Nov 5,2004

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! :)

Please bear in mind that while USCIS/ICE will honor the I-551 stamp and let you re-enter without any problems. Most airlines do not understand this stamp, and will only let you board the plane if you have a valid visa, or the plastic card. This is especially true for singapore airlines.

peeved said:
Congratulations! :)

Please bear in mind that while USCIS/ICE will honor the I-551 stamp and let you re-enter without any problems. Most airlines do not understand this stamp, and will only let you board the plane if you have a valid visa, or the plastic card. This is especially true for singapore airlines.

The above is one classic example of practical Vs. theory (what USCIS says)..
Peeved,thanks for throwing light..

I-485 approved.

MD_Rockville,

Here are the details...

1st FP done on :08/17/04.
My 2nd EAD/AP got approved around: 07/10/04.
LUD: Received 485 approval email notification on 10/26 and received receipt notice by Nov 2nd.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Pyr