485 Approved while Spouse out of the country

blast k

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
My wife\'s 485 was approved on Nov 29 along with mine and I received the original approval notice for both of us. My wife is in India and expected to come back around 15th of January. She has a valid AP and EAD, and also her H4 is valid until 2002, my questions are what will be her status at the port of entry after this Post 485 approved stage, I have not gone for stamping yet, my attorney says that she should show her original 485 approval notice at port of entry and the immigration officer may stamp her passport under certain conditions, the attorney is not sure how this will be handled after this sep 11 events. Immigration gurus please advise me your suggestions if you or any one who you know have undergone simillar situation.

Sorry for the lengthy posting.

I-485 (Filing for Spouse)

Hi

Owing to a miscommunication with the lawyers who filed for my I-485, my 485 Application was sent in with my marital status as "Single", rather than "Married". I received my receipt a week or so ago.

if I were to file for my wife\'s 485 on my own, do I need to include my part of the application with suitable corrections also? What are the ramifications at the INS? What do I indicate in the letter to the INS when filing?

Any thoughts, anyone?

Thanks,

Manoj Nair

No Title

Hi Blast,

It happend to My friend also. He got approved and his wife is in india. So has EAD and Valid H4. She is back on H4 and no problem , but you shoud wait until she get back here. You should not go for stamping.