485 Approved while outside the US

BigG

Registered Users (C)
I am scheduled for FP1 on Nov 9 and will be travelling outside of the US later on the same day, returning after about 4 weeks. Some people on the forum have had their 485 approved in less than 4 weeks of FP. What will happen if my 485 gets approved before that while I try to enter the US on an AP. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

No problem.... as long as you have valid AP you can enter back in the country. They will take your previous EAD/APs only during stamping (After I-485 approval) passport in INS office.

BigG said:
I am scheduled for FP1 on Nov 9 and will be travelling outside of the US later on the same day, returning after about 4 weeks. Some people on the forum have had their 485 approved in less than 4 weeks of FP. What will happen if my 485 gets approved before that while I try to enter the US on an AP. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Well, CONGRATS for getting done with 485 in LESS THAN A YEAR!!! You're one lucky dude.

Well guys let us know if you get approved while you're out of the country. I've tried everything else (EAD/AP extensions, H1 extension, early FP2 etc.) to get approved. I'll try leaving the country too. :D

peeved, you made me laugh a lot :D Thanks. It was a hard day as usual. Every morning I think something will happen today, LUD change, approval etc.....then like that the whole week passes by and another week come....same thing....no news...Don't know how long it will be like this.

pibo said:
peeved, you made me laugh a lot :D Thanks. It was a hard day as usual. Every morning I think something will happen today, LUD change, approval etc.....then like that the whole week passes by and another week come....same thing....no news...Don't know how long it will be like this.
hey pibo,

that is my story dude! how come you're telling everyone my story???

ok i guess we all have this "waiting" thing in common. :)

i'm getting to the point of not caring anymore. i don't want to hold my breath any longer and just move with life. do things without having to worry about I485.

good luck to everyone. hope everyone gets their approval soon. :)