485 approved - stamping questions

ns77

Registered Users (C)
Finally after a long wait, I got 2 emails from USCIS saying that my & wife's 485 approved. Though sadly, my son's case did not get approved yet.

3 months back we moved from PA to FL. I did send in the change of address form (AR-11). But I am not sure if they would have updated my address.

Would they send the approval notices to both me and my lawyer (Just in case my copy goes to the old address)?

Is there any time limit within which you need to get your passport stamped...

Any answers on the above points would help...

Thanks!

ns77

Your Attny will get the original and you will get the courtesy copy. You can use courtesy copy for stamping!!

Good Luck!!

thanks for your reply...

One other question was - Is there any time limit within which you need to get your passport stamped...

Address change

Hi NS77
Sending AR-11 alone does not update the address with USCIS. You better call the national service center and update your address.
Ask you attorney to send the original to you.

Hope this helps.
:)

Thanks for all your replies...

coolone - I asked my attorney to send me the originals when she gets it.
sine_curve - My ND was May 2002 and Category was EB3

Would you know the answer to this question - Is there any time limit within which you need to get your passport stamped...

Thanks!

ns77

ns77

ns77,

don't worry about your son's case. If he is less than 14 or so..He will get welcome letter and followed by Plastic Card.

Time limit for stamping

Hi NS77
I am not aware of any time limit. However, the plastic card will be ordered only after you go for the stamping and fingerprinting.

Also, apologies for the typing error in my earlier posting - (even though you understood what I meant)

Hi NS77
Sending AR-11 alone does not update the address with USCIS. You better call the national service center and update your address.
Ask you attorney to send the original to you.

Hope this helps.

I meant "Ask your attorney" ....

Congratulations NS77...and there is no such thing like time limit for stamping. I got it stamped after a month because i waited two weeks for my wife's approval. she also got approved and we both went together for stamping after one month os my approval.. It is better to go as soon a possible because it will trigger the generation of plastic cards.

JSP, coolone & Raja2004 - thank you very much for taking time to reply to my questions...

One other thing - Does the plastic cards get mailed to the address that was in your 485 application - or - do you have to give an address when you go for stamping and that is where the plastic cards go to?

The reason I ask is - because we recently moved - and I am not sure if USCIS has my latest address.

Thanks -
ns77

I was told by USCIS agent that mailing AR-11 was not adequate. You will have to call the 800 number at VSC to update your address. I would do it ASAP. Anyway congratulations.. ;)

Thanks Intmeddoc...

I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida. So will updating the address cause something like - move of application/approval from Vermont to Texas Service center. This may sound like a silly question - but I wanted to make sure that I ask it...

Thanks -

ns77

Change of address

NS77
Go for stamping and at that time, change your address. Then you will get the card at your new address. When I went for stamping, the lady asked me if my address was the current one.

Just to back up coolone, yes at stamping they verify address. You can update there. May be better to do by calling also as a preacution. I did change at fingerprinting. But I dont know whether all of them update the same database.

Apparently not. I had initially just mailed the AR-11 to London, KY. However when I recently called the VSC USCIS, their computer still had my old address. The agent told me I was to call them in addition to sending the AR-11 to DHS....

Intmeddoc said:
Apparently not. I had initially just mailed the AR-11 to London, KY. However when I recently called the VSC USCIS, their computer still had my old address. The agent told me I was to call them in addition to sending the AR-11 to DHS....

It is known. AR-11 does not change mailing address. You need to change by one of above methods in addition to AR-11.