485 Approved RD 10/29/01!

minniem

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

Finally its all over AD 03/07/03. . I am relieved I hope all my fellow sufferers will be approved soon. BTW I got approved while I was out of the country and I entered the next day on my valid H1B. I did take my pay slips and a employment letter but was not asked for it. I did not have AP as my H1B was valid. I found out I was approved after I came back.

I do still have a question - my company will now lay me off as they were waiting for me to get approved ( nice of them).
Will this be a problem when going for stamping passport or getting plastic card? I am still waiting for approval notices.

Also once I get laid off can I claim unemployment?

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations!

Go to the stamping before you get laid off.

From what I have heard on the board you can claim employment benefits either after or before your GC approval (however, if before you will have to have an EAD). In your case you should be fine.

What was your EAC number (first five digits)?

The first few digits are : EAC-02-054-53xxx

I got my courtesy approval notices today. I can go for stamping on Wed between 8.00am and 12pm.

Do I have to take the original or can I have it stamped with the Courtesy copy?

Thanks

digits

Originally posted by ravi2168
One question...

do this first five digit mean anything?

Just curious

yeah, EAC = vermont service center

first two digits 02 means the year of the receipt date. most of us waiting here have 02.

The three digits after 02 means the day from October 1 (INS's start of fiscal year.)

So my RD is 11/19/02

This means my application number would be

EAC02-059-xxxxx = VSC, yearh 2002, 59 days from october 1.