485 approved on Jul 5. Hope for pre Jul'07 applicants

There is hope

Hi People,

My GC application was finally approved today (July 5, 2007) at VSC and I got the following mail

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EAC**********

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On July 5, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow
30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you
we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service.

It’s been a long wait and I have come to this forum often (In the last 6 months, probably every single day). Forums like these were the only source of information about my application. I want to thank all of you for providing tit bits of information that I could piece to gather to determine status and position of my case. I have been a mute spectator all along and this is probably going to be my first & last posting here on this forum.

Here are my observations that could help people who have applied for I485 prior to July’07

There is still hope for some people to have their application approved before Oct’07

If your finger print was taken more than 15 months ago and you have not received further notice for finger print your application is still to clear Background Check (In that case it is unlikely that your case will be approved prior to Oct’07 as USCIS may not have allocated visa number to your case)

On the contrary if you have had your second or subsequent finger prints (Code 3) taken prior to July retrogression and USCIS had received your finger print report then there are good chances that you will receive your 485 approval soon

Also recent applicants (applied for 485 with in last 15 months) could get approvals prior to Oct’07 provided they cleared Background check and were allotted visa numbers. Only certain way to confirm if your application cleared Background check is through a Info pass appointment

Currently Background Check appears to be the biggest bottle neck for approval of 485 and in cases where there is an extended delay the only way to certainly know that it is cleared is notice for second (Code 3) finger prints. USCIS does not issue notice for fresh finger prints for application where finger prints have expired (more than 15 months) unless Background check is cleared

Again for like postings in these forums by applicants like me it goes with out saying that I could be wrong

Here are details of my case

EB2 – India
Priority date - Feb 2002
Transferred to regional - Sep 2003
Labor cleared - Aug 2005
Applied 140/485 – Sep 2005 (I applied at VSC and my application remained at VSC through out)
FP 1 (AC3) – Oct or Nov 2005
140 approved – Dec 2005
Background check cleared – Feb 2007 (Information obtained from Jun 2007 info pass appointment)
FP 2 (AC3) – Mar 2007
485 approved – 5 Jul 2007

I also want to thank you this forum for all the information you have provided. I was as blind as a bat when it comes to issue such as labor cert, I-140, I-485, RFEs, LUDs, so I depended on my lawyer helplessly. Since I know of this forum, I'm more in tune to immigration issues, especially when I am involved in it.
I have no contribution to this forum until today. I hope my good news bring a ray of hope for others who awaits for their greencard.
Good luck to all of you!!!
Thank you for everything!!!

THERE IS HOPE and JOELLY -

Did you receive approval notices in Mail or email ? The reason I am asking is, that we(myself and my wife) have received three emails from USCIS(1 for Card production orderded notice, 2nd is for Approval notice sent and the 3rd is for Welcome notice sent) on the 22nd of June. My wife got her plastic GreenCard and approval notice on the 28th June and I haven't got my notices or the plastic GreenCard yet. Our PD is June 2002. So just curious about the dates that you received and the mode of communication that you received this.

I received an email from CRIS "Card Production Ordered" on 7/5/2007.
LUD - 7/6/2007 - msg not change

Hey,
how long did it take you guys from submitting the I-485 until receiving the receipt notice?
Thanks!
AGM6

My PD is jan 2004. I-485 application RD is Nov 2004. FP (code 3) were done a while back. My case is with the local office.Early June I took an infopass and the person behind the counter said they will be requesting a visa number since the PD was current at that point.I got a notice to get 2nd FP(code 1) done couple of weeks later.The FP were taken July 5th. My question is why are some applicants required to take code 1 and others code 3? Do you have any guesses as to where my case is in the process?

Thanks,

Hi guys,

I do not understand this.
Can somebody explain what infopass means and why there seem to be two cycles or fingerprinting necessary?
What means code 1 and code 3?

I got my I-140 EB1-EA approved and immediately send my I-485 application to TSC. I called USCIS and all they could tell me was that this could take now 1-2 years, which horrifies me. Does it really take so long? Anything I could do to facilitate the process?

Thanks!
AGM6

Hi guys,

I do not understand this.
Can somebody explain what infopass means and why there seem to be two cycles or fingerprinting necessary?
What means code 1 and code 3?

I got my I-140 EB1-EA approved and immediately send my I-485 application to TSC. I called USCIS and all they could tell me was that this could take now 1-2 years, which horrifies me. Does it really take so long? Anything I could do to facilitate the process?

Thanks!
AGM6

whenever you would like to go and ask questions in person to USCIS officers about your case you have to make an appointment which is called Infopass (go to the following link to make an appointment)
http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

for the finger prints, i got this from another post:

Code 3

- 10 Finger prints
- Index finger print taken seperately
- Photo will be taken
- Electronic Signature will be taken

Code 2

- Index finger print taken seperately
- Photo will be taken
- Electronic Signature will be taken

i dont know the answer to other question.

good luck
IS

Confgrats!
Do you think that the I-485 petition is quicker for people that half a self=petitoned I-140 e.g. EB1-EA than for people who have an employer based immigration petition?

AGM6