485 approved , need to schedule infopass appt. But have Canadina PR stamp in passport

bharathk

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I recently was approved for the canadian Permanent Residence card. I already have the canadian stamp in the passport.

I now have the 485 approved and need to schedule a infopass appt. Will the canadian stamp in the passport raise any alarms with USCIS. I will probably decline the canadian PR as it was my backup if the Green card didnt work out as planned.

Please advise.

(Never thought I would have a problem of plenty.)

Bharath.

You got C-PR before ur 485 approved.

If they(USCIS) ask u specficly that u like to keep ur C-PR ? careful to answer them say 'No' I am interested and willing to have my US PR. they may ask u using some techniqe so be smart.

many ppl have shared that they do have C-PR / C-Citizenship and have no issuse,

I remember one thread who shared that he tried to get C-GC while he has pending 485, and he was on the way to Canada and at POE he was asked and got many trouble even some question like you want to get CGC ? blah balh ... u can search and learn abou it.

Bottom line ... the C-PR which u recently get may triger any reason to them to ask u.

if u show them that u have intention to get another country C-ship they can rewoked ur GC anytime. so try to be smart ,,, .... hope u und what I am trying to say :D . and if the curve/movement come and u are asked ..... make u r mind before speak. they do catch ur words....

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also Canadian PR in the passporrt but unfortunatelly not yet USA. My lowyer told me that I should not have a problem with it. I got my Canadian last summer. I think you should only stick that you are still here and want to stay here. It will be nice if you can keep us posted with your experience. I wish you luck!

hello bharathk,

Can you post your PS experience? Did you get any trouble to stamp you passport? Thanks.

Congrats!!
I too have the Canadian PR stamp on my passport and I recently got my US PR stamp too. The stamping officer just opened an empty page on my passport and stamped. I don't think you'll have any problems.

Thanks jd imm,

Unfortunately, I haven't got US GC yet but Canada imm visa in my passport. I wish it was US imm visa. ;-(