485 Approved + FP done but Card not recd

sinnassamy

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have been a frequent visitor to this forum and have posted messages in multiple threads floating around for 485 issues. Here is the latest update on my case

485 approved on 09/26
FP Code 3 done on 09/21
GC for my spouse on 10/01
GC for my Son on 10/21 (His FP was on on 10/17)

I have not receieved by GC even after one month of 485 approval

Went to the local USCIS office and got the stamping in my passport

Called up USCIS office today and put in a request regarding my case. They have given a length tracking # and asked me to wait for 45 days :confused:

Any information on the above situation is highly appreciated

Thanks,
Sinna

Worse here

My I-485 was approved on 6/22/06 and no GC since. I-551 stamp in August 2006, and still waiting for GC. Wish me luck.

iouvy, how did USCIS comment on that? You know, they post on their tracking site, "If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"... Did you call them up?

Hi,
I'm in a same situation. My I-485 was approved on 10/14/06, but stll didn't receive a card. I called twice & spoked to a customer service. I was told that if my case was approved in local office takes up to 60 days to receive a card.
I was checking this forum & looks that applicants approved in any of four centers received card in about 1-2 weeks, but applicants from local office just have to wait extra.
Anyway we are approved already. Sooner or later we will received cards also.

Sincerely, :)
Alicja

Ps.Please keep posting a messages, so we will know what is going on.

485 approved but card not recd

Hi

My 485 was approved by TSC and not local office. It is almost 60 days and I have not received the card yet. I tried calling USCIS office but no luck

My spouse and Son got the GC within a week after approval

Thanks,

No luck on calling Customer Service

I've called Customer Service many times. Believe it or not, I had a different answer each time. Customer Service Rep even offered wrong solution. Until now, I believe my case is still with Vermont Center. It's been 5 months now, and still NO GC.

Once in a while, I would be so lucky to talk to a good Rep, but still no further information that really pleased me. Until I have my GC, my filthy words on USCIS.

Green card in hand

I received my green card in January of this year. I have no clue why it was delayed that long. It was a frustrating feeling while waiting for the card. Now, I believe they made a mistake when processing my green card. Since I apply my green card through my marriage, my original green card should be valid for only 2 years. After I apply to remove my condition, then I should have a new card which is valid for 10 years. However, my very first green card is valid for 10 years. Calls to NSC didn't help either. The rep told me she didn't know why my first green card is good for 10 year either.

Now it's time for me to file I-751 to remove condition on my green card, but I'm not sure if I should do it or not. It costs 275 bucks.