Does anyone know what happens if a person is in India while the 485 is
approved here? Can you still come back using advance parole? Is there
a fixed date on which you have to go to get your passport stamped? What
if I get my passport stamped using approval notice and wife gets her
stamped at a later date?

In short, my wife will likely be in India when our 485 approval takes
place? Can it cause any problems?

Thanks.

RD 2/00, Interviewed in Newark, CIA hold, waiting for approval.

No Title

My friend was in same situation. He went to India on Parole. When he came back he found the approval notice in the mail. He never knew that he got approved when he re-entered US. He had no problems....

It\'s Cool - nothing to sweat

I was in the same situation. I was in India last month, when I got to know that my I485 got approved (My friend was monitoring the automated voice message for me). I also got my approval letters in mail. I came back on AP and got my PP stamped yesterday. No problem at all. Have fun and enjoy the freedom.

Localtransfer - any news from newark office about CIA hold

I was also interviewed in newark last month (I beleive the same day you were interviewed) and my case is also on CIA name check hold. I am planning to send a letter through my attorney to check the status of my case. Will let you know if I hear anything.

No Title

Thanks for the response guys.

gc circle: yes, we were interviewed on the same date. My 60 days
get over on Aug 28th? Are you planning on sending a letter after
or before your 60 day period is over? Are you planning on addressing
it to the officer or to status inquiry in general?

Hope it soon gets over for us.

meeting with the lawyer

My have a meeting with my lawyer tomorrow evening. I am gonna propose this idea to him. Let\'s see what he suggests.
My 60 days are also getting over in last week of aug. As far as I remember, the officer said that INS can approve the application after 60 days but later on he also said that I will definitely hear something by year end. Endless loop. What did your officer told you.
My EAD is expiring in 2nd week of sep. My current H-1B is valid til Dec. After the interview, the officer took out the I-94. I believe that without I-94, I am forced to the EAD status, which expires next month. My have applied for EAD renewal on 6/2/01. This is the main issue I want to send the letter to INS about.