3 yr Diploma ready to file I140 - UN,anilt75,someone pls help !!

pathan786

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a 3 yr diploma in Computer Engineering (10+2+3) from India and total 8+ yrs of IT experience, 4.5 yrs in US. Employer is getting ready to file I-140 (PERM appoved in Jun 2006). Looking at 3 yr degree problem at I-140 stage I am looking to file it right first time even if it means re-filing labor.

Going by posts in this forum it seems like-

It would be much safer to present the case as "skilled labor" instead of "skilled professional" since edu evaluation of 3 yr diploma/bachelor degree to 4 yr US bachelors doesnt seem to work ALL the time.

Please let me know what "exact" wordings should be used for the PERM petition (form 9089), Section H:

4. Education: minimum level required: None/high school/Associate/Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate/Other

4-A. If Other is indicated in question 4, specify the education required:

4-B. Major field of study:

5. Is training required in the job opportunity? Yes/No

5-A. If Yes, number of months of training required:

5-B. Indicate the field of training:

6. Is experience in the job offered required for the job? Yes/No

6-A. If Yes, number of months experience required:

7. Is there an alternate field of study that is acceptable?

7-A. If Yes, specify the major field of study:

8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? Yes/No

8-A. If Yes, specify the alternate level of education required:
None/High School/ Associate/Bachelors/Master/Doctorate/Other

8-B. If Other is indicated in question 8-A, indicate the alternate level of education required:

8-C. If applicable, indicate the number of years experience acceptable in question 8:

9. Is a foreign educational equivalent acceptable?

10. Is experience in an alternate occupation acceptable? Yes/No

10-A. If Yes, number of months experience in alternate
occupation required:

I am not sure if my Employer's attorney is aware of the complexity involved with 3 yr degree at I-140 stage...

Someone please help !!!!

Thanks,
PK

Last edited by a moderator: