3 year BS degree + 2 year MBA equals Masters in USA?

peyag

Registered Users (C)
I have a 3 year BS degree + 2 year MBA + 6 years of experience

But my Perm Ad said that i should have a Masters in Business administration or Computers + 6 months of experience

Will i face any problem in evaluation of my degree.

My attorney got it evaluated to MS in Business and MS in Computers using my additional certification in Computers.

Will there be an issue in approval. It has been more than 3 months i applied, and still no replies from labor.

Well, you can come accross with a problem. NSC can consider that your degree is less than US Master's one (4+2). Check immigration-law.com for the details.

You should not have any problem with labor but your case most probably will be EB3 and not EB2 at I-140 stage in case your evaluation is not accepted.

If LC contains a requirement of Master degree and NSC won't evaluate his education certificate as Master's, he gonna have a huge problem. NSC won't approve his I-140 because the alien is not qualified.

lambda said:
You should not have any problem with labor but your case most probably will be EB3 and not EB2 at I-140 stage in case your evaluation is not accepted.

LC requires MBA (it specificaly says Masters in Business administration as requirement in the first post) and he/she has MBA. Why would there be problem?
Does every MBA requirement has to have 4 year previous degree?

3 yr bach.

I was hoping, they would atleast call for an expert review.

Looks like in most cases, they are not doing that. There are lot of papers presented comparing UK education which is a 3 yr bach. and Indian education actually desi's gather more points in terms of evaluation of 3 yr bach.

But guess it is more a matter of luck.

waiting fingers crossed.

3 yrs Bachelors + MS in US

Is it the same case with educational qualification of 3 years Bachelors in India followed by 2 years MS (Computer Science) in US? Would the candidate be eligibe for EB2? Professional experience is - 2 years in India and 2 years in US following Masters.

No mine is 3 y rs in India + 2 yrs in India as well.

6 yrs is after finishing my masters
2 yr in India +
1 in UK +
3 in US.

LC requires US MBA. Peyag doesn't have it, but s/he has an evaluation saying that his/her degree has been considered as US MBA.
Unfortunately, NSC have right to reevalute it internally and they do it (again, check breaking news on immigration-law.com). So whatever your education certificate says, if it's hasn't been issued by US institution, it can be reevaluated.

lambda said:
LC requires MBA (it specificaly says Masters in Business administration as requirement in the first post) and he/she has MBA. Why would there be problem?
Does every MBA requirement has to have 4 year previous degree?

I know a person who did MS (Computer Science) in US after a 3 year degree in India. He also did some diploma courses in India after the 3 year bachelors and some professional experience. Will this qualify for EB2?

If your buddy has the US degree, than the answer would be yes. Any US degree is accepted by DOL as is and doesn't require any sort of evaluation.

Grandhipal said:
I know a person who did MS (Computer Science) in US after a 3 year degree in India. He also did some diploma courses in India after the 3 year bachelors and some professional experience. Will this qualify for EB2?