3-1/2 Year PT

vetrivendan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife had completed 3-1/2 Physical Therapy course in India. Have done evaluation with 3-1/2 year degree?

Regards,
Vetri.

Your question in too general. Did she get at least a Bachelor's degree in physical therapy? How fast she finished her studies is really irrelevant. The real problem is if CGFNS, FCCPT, ICD or other credentialing agencies consider your wife's program equivalent to the minimum educational requirements set forth by the state she intends to get a license. The only way you will know this is by having her credentials evaluated by the respective credentialing agencies. Don't worry if she does not meet the requirements. She can take a test or enroll for specific classes here in the US if her PT program is not enough to grant her a license in the state she intends to work.

Hi,

My sister is about to finish her Bachelors in Phy Therapy sound Feb'05. It is 4.5 yrs course including 6 months internship. What are her options to come to US and work? I am a GC holder, is there a way I can facilitate her move to US so that she can start to work here or appear for license test?

I know H1B is one way (assuming the accredition is done) but H1B quotas are getting full the day USCIS starts accepting applications. In the mean time she may have to work in India.

I hope I am not too vague here.

thanks,
Tarun!!

H1-Bs for the next fiscal year can be applied starting Apr'05 but the start date will be Oct'05 when the new quota starts....So i guess your sister will have ample time to work in India, until Oct'05...hope this helps...