2nd time F1, 2nd time OPT?

puhrince

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I was on F1 many years back and have been working since then on H1 which includes a year of OPT stint..now if I have to go back to F1 again, will I get an OPT again or is that just a one time thing?

If the study program is one step higher then you can. For example, First OPT on Master's, Second OPT on PhD is possible. Otherwise, it is not possible

hmm ok..well no its Masters again..how about CPT? i am looking into doing a summer internship during this next Masters..
if that can be done, great bcos even if i don't get OPT, i am hoping by the time i graduate, my wife( who will apply for her GC) will be able to apply for EAD for both of us.

I am not sure if you can take CPT, the laws do not mention anything in detail about CPT.

Going for I-485 while still on F-1, do you know if it is okay for the dependent to be on F-1.

In other words:
Clearly F-1 is not recommended for themselves, but is it okay for dependents?

puhrince said:
hmm ok..well no its Masters again..how about CPT? i am looking into doing a summer internship during this next Masters..
if that can be done, great bcos even if i don't get OPT, i am hoping by the time i graduate, my wife( who will apply for her GC) will be able to apply for EAD for both of us.