2nd RFE Received - Details

desi_gc

Registered Users (C)
I received my second RFE today. The details are as below :
According to INS since I had my first EAD issued at INS Cinci office and had renewed it at INS Columbus office. They are not able to pull my record. Since my 6 yrs on H1 expired on Dec 2001 and since then I am on EAD, they want to see the copies of EAD's to check whether I am in status.
Also since my H1 expired in Dec 2001 they want to check all my entries and exit's since Dec 2001, to make sure I am in status.

Hopefully they will be satisfied with all the information I send and Approve my case (Which I don't know when???????:D )

desigc - 2nd RFE

it looks like INS is creating unnecessary work for itself and to the applicant.

as far as i know, INS centers have the ability to check on your file, EAD etc, from your LIN#.

the officer who's processing the file has nothing better to do than cause pain to others!

in any case, it should be a piece of cake from here on - submit your EAD copies and copies of pages of passport with I-94. that should do I guess.

your initial RFE was for employment letter and BC right?

thanks.

Desi_gc,
What has having an EAD to do with being in status or out of status? As soon as we file our I-485 papers we become pending applicants and our status is maintained till our case is decided. Anyone with thoughts on the matter?

reply to Rastamandrum

You are right.
I mean what INS wants to check is whether I have a valid work permit (EAD) since the period my six years on H1 has expired in my case 6 yrs expired on Dec 2001.
I think thats what they mean to see if I have a valid status.
The rfe looks really weird as they should already be having this information connected to my A number, but loks like they just want to send some RFE.

2nd RFE - according to AVM

just listened to AVM and it says a RFE has been issued on 02/10/03.

My 1st RFE was for employment letter and for wife's BC - both were received by INS end Dec'03.

Appears to me that they need a copy of my EAD. Will update once i receive the details.

can't those morons check my EAD with my A# etc!!!

others please post if you have 2nd RFE or had one and got approved.

Thanks to this forum for sharing all this valuable information.

INS morons are one of a kind!

It is true that many of the documentation they ask for they already have!!!
It's like they take pleasure in screwing with our lives...

priyali, online status not yet updated

online status has not been updated yet, checked avm and heard that they sent an RFE yesterday.

just when you think that you are ready for approval that INS surprises with new requests. similar request for another coworker.

hope that helps.

thanks.

I got 2nd RFE too...!

Common guys, I got the 2nd RFE for the same shit...! Employment letter...! I did send one in the month of march 02, again the same letter on the jan 03. I don't know what these morons at INS doing..::confused:

even with present state of mind

I can't stop laughing at all these.

with this flawed process approval takes for years then they start asking for more information about what happened during the period when INS was sleeping over our files. this delays the process further. what next .

it is like those series . we have to wonder where it converges.

instead filing time they can ask all these documents when they start adjudication.

if you ask me, it looks like the IIOs have been watching too much soap operas; thus they are working like the story lines in the soap operas. takes a whole month to move one millimeter story line!! :D

2nd RFE

2nd RFE received for EADs, copies of all prior H1B approvals, also the exact start date with the current employer that was missed out in the previous employment letter submitted.

Also, they want me to explain how I travelled with visa in the passport of a previous employer while I finished working for them a year before. By INS rule, the visa on the passport is valid till expiration so long as you maintain your H1 status with another employer. Don't know why they are asking these questions.

My lawyer mentioned that they are trying to overdo their work with such questions - being totally ignorant of the rules they create.

Anyway, anyone else with similar RFEs? Please post, advise.

Thanks.

cheeshead,

I am not sure about the other unnessasary RFE's but I think the employment letter RFE is issued again because they want to make sure that your job situation is still same and nothing is changed. Its not at all uncommon in this economical situation and from what I read to get an RFE on empl letter (or even emplr tax number, bank balance, and tax returns ) irrespective of the fact that you submitted them before or not.
don't think it reduces your agony, but i can't deny the possibility

Guys the more I think about this

the more it seems like a conspiracy by INS to deny us the GC by delaying matters to a point where we will either default due to job conditions or just get disgusted and go away. What is the logic behind us having to hit the pause button on everything in our lives to make sure we have the same job, same marital status, same salary, same designation, same place for 3-5 years. It is insane to put people through this experience. Just ranting, have to get to those beers today.

rsur, you put it aptly. These guys are anti-development.

Anyway, got 2nd RFE for employment letter. INS recd response on Feb 25, 2003.

RD Aug 24, 2001

1st RFE INS recd Oct 30, 2001. 1st RFE for emp letter.

Hi chooha, what was the 2nd RFE employment letter about? Same as first one or is it something different? Thanks..