2nd PERM

ursosweet

Registered Users (C)
HI
I have a question.
I have a approved PERM (EB2) from my current employer and my 140 is pending.
Can i file another PERM in EB2 with a future employer??
Thanks

Yes, you can.

ursosweet said:
HI
I have a question.
Thanks

Of course! There is no regulation I know of that limits the number of LCs for different companies. Although, if you have an approved EB2 PERM case with a soon-to-be-approved pending I-140... why would you want to leave that behind ??? Also, you should note that if you can obtain a copy of the I-140 approval, you will be able to do a recapture with the NEW company to protect your older priority date after you get an approved PERM with the new company.

ursosweet said:
HI
I have a question.
Thanks

st4rguitar said:
Of course! There is no regulation I know of that limits the number of LCs for different companies. Although, if you have an approved EB2 PERM case with a soon-to-be-approved pending I-140... why would you want to leave that behind ??? Also, you should note that if you can obtain a copy of the I-140 approval, you will be able to do a recapture with the NEW company to protect your older priority date after you get an approved PERM with the new company.

CAREFUL, though. Just because you qualify for EB-2 with your current employer doesn't mean that you would automatically qualify for EB-2 under your next employer. Say your EB-2 priority date is June 2, 2003, and the I-140 is approved. If you go to a new employer and the requirements of the position are such that the application qualifies for the EB-3 category, you would still have the June 2, 2003 priority date but come AOS time, you would be qualified for the EB-3 category.

###