2nd FP notice in 30 days!! - PLS. Help

FAQ

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I got second set of Finger Printing notice for my self and wife dated for 04/12/2005. Earlier we got notices for us to appear on 03/10/2005. Now my confusion is, is it common to get couple of notices with different dates? Please see my signature for details. Which date should I appear? I live in Indianapolis and got my notice(both the dates) for NJ office.

Thanks in Advance.

FAQ said:
Hi all,

I got second set of Finger Printing notice for my self and wife dated for 04/12/2005. Earlier we got notices for us to appear on 03/10/2005. Now my confusion is, is it common to get couple of notices with different dates? Please see my signature for details. Which date should I appear? I live in Indianapolis and got my notice(both the dates) for NJ office.

Thanks in Advance.
Hey FAQ,
I am not sure what is there in the notice. On both of them does it says FBI.. blah blah.. or One says FBI and other says Biometrics. We had our FPs done and my wife got another one asking for Biometrics. If both are different then you might have to go again. HTH.
Thanks
KK

I got FP notice recently. It says i need to appear at USCIS center for Biometrics.
Krishkis,u mean FP and Biometrics are two different thing?

HasiruUsiru said:
I got FP notice recently. It says i need to appear at USCIS center for Biometrics.
Krishkis,u mean FP and Biometrics are two different thing?
I think so. FPs are for FBI and biometrics for USCIS. On biometrics there will be a code number which is 3. This notice different from FP notice (i mean the text). I may be missing something wrong if so please correct me.. HTH.
Thanks
KK

Krishkish,

Thank you for your reply. Yes one notice says FBI fp and the other says Biometrics and has a code 3 ( :confused: ) . My attorney suggests that I show them the second notice and ask them if I need to re-appear. :mad: (have to travel to NJ again)

Thanks again.

We got the double notices also. Thought those are duplicate notices but they are not. Application number, code and mesage on them are different.

Krishkish, Thanks for explaining the differences between these two notices. Wondering if all the 485 applicants gets these two notices?

Folks,

These are definetely two different notices. The first is only the fingerprint and the second is for taking photos and thumb impression. You have to do this.

I see that the second notice is mostly issued to people with older priority dates. Those of you who received this notice can you please inform your PD.
----------------------
EB3 NSC IND

RD:12/29/04
ND:01/10/2005
PD:11/30/01
AP & EAD approved: 02/28/05
FP completed date :02/22/05
Biometrics : 03/04/05 Scheduled

Arvind,

What is a PD? Is it the date you started the Labor processing or is it the Labor approval date.

My labor start date is Nov'2002 (my own labor)
Approval date is Nov'2003.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
PD is always the labor filing date as far as I know. This is true even for cases filed with substitution labor.

Kriskish,
HasiruUsiru got the FP notice for Biometrics, it means will he get another one say’s FPs for FBI?

Thanks,

kalgadam said:
Kriskish,
HasiruUsiru got the FP notice for Biometrics, it means will he get another one say’s FPs for FBI?

Thanks,
I think so. In my case my wife got both FP and Biometric and for me only FP.
So not sure whether I get biometric notice or not?
Thanks
KK

guys, Yesterday we got the Biometrics scheduled for 3/23/5 with code 3, that means both biometrics and regular finger print.

Code 1 - Regular finger print (10 fingers print)
code 2 - Biometrics (Digital signature, picture which will be used for both EAD and plastic card)
code 3 - both

Last edited by a moderator:
Second FP done today(Biometrics)

All,

Just wanted to give an update on the second FP or biometric notice. We had it today . They took digital copy of photo and electronic signature and the impression of the right index fingers. Since we just finished and cleared the FP on 02/22, they did not do it again even though it had a code 3 (Code 3 means FP and biometric together).

Hope we are done for now and also hope it is not going to be a long wait