2nd FP notice (code 3) - Done !!!

FAQ

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I had my FP scheduled on 03/10/2005. Also had my schedule for Biometrics (code 3) on 04/12/2005. When I apperared for my FP, I've shown them the notice for Biometrics scheduled for next month. They were very helpful and completed the Electronic photograph and signature.

So, if you get both the notices once, you can ask them to complete both on the same day!

Could you please let us know what do they do in FP and Biometrics.
I'm under the impression that both are same.

HasiruUsiru,

Finger Printing - They take FP of 10 fingures.
BioMertrics - They take your photograph (which will be used on ur EAD card and GC - I believe) and your electronic signature.

HasiruUsiru said:
Could you please let us know what do they do in FP and Biometrics.
I'm under the impression that both are same.
They are not same.
Finger Prints - all fingers they will take prints
Biometrics - One finger, Digital photograph & Signature.
HTH
Thanks
KK

FAQ said:
HasiruUsiru,

Finger Printing - They take FP of 10 fingures.
BioMertrics - They take your photograph (which will be used on ur EAD card and GC - I believe) and your electronic signature.

Hi, I just got a letter from the INS today and said that I have to go to the Application support center today at noon,which i just got the letter today!
But it also said that if you cannot appear as scheduled above, you may go on any Wednesday after your schedule time,as long as you have your fingerprints taken by 06/13/2005. The letter also mention about that I have to bring this letter and photo identification,and also alien registration card which I never have alien registration card. And my questions are: what is alien registration card? but I have Alien number. And what size do u have to prepare for the photo identification?
Thank you in advance for your reply, I do appreciate it!

And my questions are: what is alien registration card? but I have Alien number. And what size do u have to prepare for the photo identification?

Don't worry about the alien registration card. Just take the notice in original and your passport or your drivers Id.

HTH

Could you please some one clarify for me,

Frankly speaking, I got only one "FP notice - code 03"
It says I should appear for Biometrics on mm/dd/yyyy.

I never received anything like "Biometrics notice"!!!!

thanks in advance.

Both notice (FP for FBI, FB for Biometrics) title says only FP notice. Only in the description you can see as it is for Biometrics.

Thanks

Plastic_card,

I think this started very recently. Initially I was confused too about members talking about 2nd FP notice and when asked my attorney he said, only if there is a long period between your first FP and the rest of 485 process, they send you for 2 nd FP notice. But in my case they sent both notices in 20 days period.

I think the biometrics is a new practice and everyone will have to go thru this.

HTH.

HasiruUsiru

Could you please some one clarify for me,

Frankly speaking, I got only one "FP notice - code 03"
It says I should appear for Biometrics on mm/dd/yyyy.

I never received anything like "Biometrics notice"!!!!

thanks in advance.

HasiruUsiru,

You should be shortly getting the regular FP notice. (Check with your attorney, he should have a copy if your notice is missed in mail) In anycase, only after your CODE 3 biometrics is completed, you will find change in LUD. LUD will not change with regular FP(the one without code 3 ). Just wait for a day after your Biometrics and check your portfolio in uscis.gov and you will find the LUD changed.

I think code 3 FP notice moves your 485 a little.

HTH.

Experts;

I had recived the FBI FP notice and had done my FP as requested, after that, in few day I got FP notice for Biometrics. The biometric notice was ignored by me and the appointment date has passed

Can you please let me know what needs to be done?

-Pearl

FAQ said:
Hi Guys,

I had my FP scheduled on 03/10/2005. Also had my schedule for Biometrics (code 3) on 04/12/2005. When I apperared for my FP, I've shown them the notice for Biometrics scheduled for next month. They were very helpful and completed the Electronic photograph and signature.

So, if you get both the notices once, you can ask them to complete both on the same day!

Biometrics? This is first time I heard. It did not mention on my FP notice nor received any additional notice. Is everybody have to have 2nd FP? :confused:

Hello Pearl11142002,

Just go with your notice and copy of your I485 and I140 receipt notices to them. As long as they see it in their system, they complete it.No need for a fresh apointment. A friend of mine went after 6 months after he received the notice and they still did the FP. So just try it. If you try to reschedule, it will go in to a loop.

Biometrics is something new it wasnt there in 2004 . We did our fp in april 2004, thats what was being done than.

I did my biometric FP, this was done after the appointment date, it included photograph, finger print of index finger and signature.

The INS officer informed me that this is a new thing.

Thanks for everyone on this forum to share there information.

-Pearl