RD: 11/16/01
ND: 12/11/01
FP: 02/12/02
FP Result: 02/15/02
RFE Issued: 3/10/03
RFE Received: 6/6/03
FP2 Issues: 6/25/03
FP2 Scheduled: 7/15/03

I have received 2nd Finger Printing Notice with an appointment date of 7/15/03.

I am still single and was planning to get married in Nov. 2nd Finger Printing gives me a chance to delay my GC till I am married and bring my spouse to US on H4, and add her to my application (by mid Dec).

Thus, I was thinking of rescheduling my FP2 Appointment to late Decemeber.

Can I do it ?

Any thoughts on this ? Has anyone done this before ? Reschedule an Appointment for over 6 months ? How does it effect my application ?

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Regards,

Did the 2ndFP have an option for alternative FP? What does it say? If it allows, you can go for it and try your luck..!

Worst case, after re-scheduling ur 2nd FP, your case might get transferred to NYC-
1) which might be a blessing in disguise for you,[provided you have a stable job],over which you might be having "Sleepless Nights" :) - OR
2)a Curse[if urn't holding to a stable job] overwhich you would be having "Sleepless' Night" :(

Just my thought.

I am surprised at this! Most people would want to get approved as soon as possible!

You're probably really close to approval since you've already replied to the rfe. Do you want to risk it?

Sorry - I don't have an answer for your rescheduling question....

The FP Notice has a littile slip at the bottom to reschedule an appointment, however, we cant request any dates.

I talked to a paralegal from my attorney firm (FDBL).

She told me that I can reschedule but I can not ask for any specific dates. Also in most cases INS has a timeframe of max 90 days.

I do have a stable job, I am no hurry for the GC. I would rather marry a nice indian girl than be stuck here forever :D

I am based out of Dallas, and the FP is in Dallas.

Does anyone over have any idea that if I ask INS to reschedule the appointment, generally how much delayed is the next appointment ? :)

Thanks for your responses.

Regards,

Since U have a stable job and in no hurry for GC and marriage in Nov, go for a re-scheduling[wait until 7/10 or so and send out] and count on your luck...!
Who knows, the scheduling could be in Aug,Sep,Oct..!
And since Sep is the month of 'Auditing' things would be pretty slow!!

Good Luck..!

PS: Just my opinion/thought...Go by your lawyer.

Hello nyc_desi_guy,

Application Service Centers these days handle FP notices and reschedulings pretty fast. So even if you sent the notice back checking for a reschedule you could end up with another rescheduled FP notice within days with a date which could be hardly 2-3 weeks from your original date and that wouldn't serve ur purpose..

What I'd suggest is you enclose a letter stating that you are going to be out of town on an assignment and would like to have FP rescheduled to after XXX '03.

Don't think FP rescheduling has anything to do with VSC, as the reschedules are handled by the ASC to which ur FP is assigned to.

-solicit..