271,000 EB based 485 pending as of JAN 2005 !!!!

Blanket amnesty is only the way out.

Thats the huge number in itself.

Is free-for-all immigration bill or in short Blanket amnesty is only the way out?

That will remove all the hassels for the lawmakers and dhs... without going into complex maths of computing all that country quota -- EB quota -- etc etc.

That will solve so many problems :
1> Willing employer will get the cheap labor without going thru the expensive consulting firms ... Well cheap for employer might infact mean higher wages to the worker.

2> No more desi good for nothing emloyer to deal with. Who make money for doing nothing --- making good use of workers visa status.

3> No more attorney fees.

4> No more $$ for pre-approved labors

Every one is winner .... as guys who are in the System ... very few are likely to return back .... simplifying the immigration with Blanket amnesty is only the way out .... let the Republicans tear themselves apart over this issue, President Bush might in fact win with his slogan : -

If you legalize everybody, there's no more illegal immigration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, blank amnesty could be a good way out. Chances of passing such bill =0.01%.
I think in a couple of months at most we could reach most lawmakers and educate them about the EB issue. It seems very soon I would change the tactic and I would try to educate them about the need to pass a specific bill which remedies this EB situation.

Nadi said:
Thats the huge number in itself.

Is free-for-all immigration bill or in short Blanket amnesty is only the way out?

That will remove all the hassels for the lawmakers and dhs... without going into complex maths of computing all that country quota -- EB quota -- etc etc.

That will solve so many problems :
1> Willing employer will get the cheap labor without going thru the expensive consulting firms ... Well cheap for employer might infact mean higher wages to the worker.

2> No more desi good for nothing emloyer to deal with.

3> No more attorney fees.

4> No more $$ for pre-approved labors

Every one is win .... as guys who are in the System ... very few are likely to return back .... simplifying the immigration with Blanket amnesty is only the way out .... let the Republicans tear themselves apart over this issue, President Bush might in fact win with his slogan : -

If you legalize everybody, there's no more illegal immigration.

marlon2006 said:
Sure, blank amnesty could be a good way out. Chances of passing such bill =0.01%.

Without blank amnesty is there any solution for this ....

Backloged labors = 345,000
EB 485 Pending = 271,000
---------------------------

Many more are in 140 who have not applied for 485 yet .. and these might be the numbers some time ago ... as new guys add in every day in huge number... So the figure might look more ugly as days pass....

There was an general amnesty before why not now? Let there be amnesty to only EB guys this time ..... :)

I don't think "amnesty" would be the appropriate term. What we need is actually an increase in the visa numbers.

How about this:
1) Increase the EB visa numbers TEMPORARILY to 300K, for the next two years just in order to reduce the backlog. Numbers would go back to 140K at that time.

2) Let applicants file I-485 upon conclusion of Labor Certification

3) For people with Priority Dates > 4 years and I-140 approved and I-485 > 180 days, just let people CHANGE JOBS on EAD. No restrictions apply.

4) Eliminate the visa lottery and apply 50K visa towards EB3 applicants.

If you think about it, the provisions above should relief 90% of our pain and they should a receive a much broader support.

Give me only option (3) above and myself and many others would be happy campers.

Nadi said:
Without blank amnesty is there any solution for this ....

Backloged labors = 345,000
EB 485 Pending = 271,000

Many more are in 140 who have not applied for 485 yet .. and these might be the numbers some time ago ... as new guys add in every day in huge number... So the figure might look more ugly as days pass....

There was an general amnesty before why not now? Let there be amnesty to only EB guys this time ..... :)

marlon2006 said:
I don't think "amnesty" would be the appropriate term. What we need is actually an increase in the visa numbers.

How about this:

3) For people with Priority Dates > 4 years and I-140 approved and I-485 > 180 days, just let people CHANGE JOBS on EAD. No restrictions apply.

Give me only option (3) above and myself and many others would be happy campers.

Option 3 would be great .. but why to only guys over 4 years .. ?
What difference it would make to USCIS ...

only will make desi employers and desi dream merchants leech a little out of an poor immigrant.

marlon2006 said:

How about this:
1) Increase the EB visa numbers TEMPORARILY to 300K, for the next two years just in order to reduce the backlog. Numbers would go back to 140K at that time.

Increasing the visa numbers is great to reduce the backlog and issue GC to all if not most of the guys waiting in the queue since quite some time.

But, is this not same as giving general amnesty?

So why do we ever want to confuse the law makers with every complex numbers like EB's etc ... just one simple demand give us -- general amnesty, plain and simple. I think most law makers will understand these two words without breaking there head and wasting there time.

Amnesty is a general pardon. We don't need any pardon, we already are here legally, we just need a mechanism to speed up the process. Moreover, pronounce the word "amnesty" or even permanent increase in visa numbers and your chances of seeing such bill passing is getting closer and closer to 0. Believe me, it is not only a matter of educating congressmen about our EB issue anymore. That's the easy part. The American public are way more involved in the process now and they will protest.

What we need is very, very reasonable measures introduced in the short-term. In my assessment, Sen. Specter permanent solution not to count spouses sounds kind of hard to pass.
Replace that a temporary countermeasure and justify that is to address the inefficiences of USCIS and 245(i) visas that delayed our applications, then the numbers would go back to the original 140K in two years. That sounds more reasonable to me. Yes, earlier greencard applicants would still need to wait for 2-3 years total to get a greencard, but that's not bad when you think about.

Why I said people with PD > 4 years change jobs on EAD ? Of course I am just brainstorming, but again if you consider that the USCIS considers that we must work for the "same employer", it is very reasonable to assume that after 4 years waiting in the GC process, we should have the freedom to progress in our career and move on if we wanted to. We just need a resonable provision there addressing issues that could minimize our pain.

I am writing to senators in WA state urging then to introduce a bill that addresses only the EB issues due to the controversy and potential for delays expected to pass a more broader comprehensive bills.

Billtoo said:
Increasing the visa numbers is great to reduce the backlog and issue GC to all if not most of the guys waiting in the queue since quite some time.

But, is this not same as giving general amnesty?

So why do we ever want to confuse the law makers with every complex numbers like EB's etc ... just one simple demand give us -- general amnesty, plain and simple. I think most law makers will understand these two words without breaking there head and wasting there time.

I am with you bud.

marlon2006 said:
Amnesty is a general pardon. We don't need any pardon, we already are here legally, we just need a mechanism to speed up the process. Moreover, pronounce the word "amnesty" or even permanent increase in visa numbers and your chances of seeing such bill passing is getting closer and closer to 0. Believe me, it is not only a matter of educating congressmen about our EB issue anymore. That's the easy part. The American public are way more involved in the process now and they will protest.

What we need is very, very reasonable measures introduced in the short-term. In my assessment, Sen. Specter permanent solution not to count spouses sounds kind of hard to pass.
Replace that a temporary countermeasure and justify that is to address the inefficiences of USCIS and 245(i) visas that delayed our applications, then the numbers would go back to the original 140K in two years. That sounds more reasonable to me. Yes, earlier greencard applicants would still need to wait for 2-3 years total to get a greencard, but that's not bad when you think about.

Why I said people with PD > 4 years change jobs on EAD ? Of course I am just brainstorming, but again if you consider that the USCIS considers that we must work for the "same employer", it is very reasonable to assume that after 4 years waiting in the GC process, we should have the freedom to progress in our career and move on if we wanted to. We just need a resonable provision there addressing issues that could minimize our pain.

I am writing to senators in WA state urging then to introduce a bill that addresses only the EB issues due to the controversy and potential for delays expected to pass a more broader comprehensive bills.

Where are the figures

Guys and Gals

I did NOT find any figues on page 112 of the Economic Report of the PResident. Page 112 deals with US Taxation Policy in International perspective.

Chapter 2 of the report looks at Skills of US worker - makes a strong case for immigrants and thier contribution to US, especially in math, sciences and advanced degrees. But again could not find any numbers.

So, where are the numbers ???

Regards
GCStrat :confused:

Found it - look at wrong report earlier

Ooops !

Earlier I had looked at the 2006 report and not the 2005 report.

Found the number on page 112 of the 2005 report.

Well, my calculations for India had been higer then most others, including Akela's calculations. This huge global number makes me believe my calculations for India may be on the right track.

Regards
GCStrat :) :(