221g section- visa was not issued

cuteblrguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Every body,the other day ive gone for stampping around 1.00 pm and came out by 6.30 evening and got interviewd by atleast 5 consular officers,they have seen all my documentation,checked it thoroughly and finally called me up and given only my passport and a letter stating under section 221g my visa is not issued and they have stampped "221g,date and application recievd " in the last page of my passport,i have n0o clue what it means,when ive asked her when do u return my original documents which they posses,she replied " after enuiqry you will get it back".

what does this mean and to my surprise i already have h1b visa issued three years back,which i didnt use it to enter usa.

pls let me know what i can do know,whats my next step.

cuteguy

Hi,
You may Request the visa officer to give you the reason for 221(g) so that you can get the sufficeint docs from your Employeer.

As reply to my earlier thread, the officer are suppose to hand over you the "originals".

Do update !!

Thanks

If you applied in Canada or Mexico, it takes about 3 weeks or so to get the security check cleared (that is what I suspect is happening in your case). Once they clear it, they will call you and you just need to go there again and get the visa stamped
cuteblrguy said:
Hi

Every body,the other day ive gone for stampping around 1.00 pm and came out by 6.30 evening and got interviewd by atleast 5 consular officers,they have seen all my documentation,checked it thoroughly and finally called me up and given only my passport and a letter stating under section 221g my visa is not issued and they have stampped "221g,date and application recievd " in the last page of my passport,i have n0o clue what it means,when ive asked her when do u return my original documents which they posses,she replied " after enuiqry you will get it back".

what does this mean and to my surprise i already have h1b visa issued three years back,which i didnt use it to enter usa.

pls let me know what i can do know,whats my next step.

cuteguy

221 (g) rejection for H1B

I got a 221(g) rejection for my H1B at Chennai Consulate. I attended interview on 9th Nov 2004 for H1B. They asked me to get the following details
1) Interior and exterior photos of the employer and the premises where worker will be deployed.
2) w2 forms of all the employees
3) provide details of specific of how worker will be employed for next 12 months and
4) A list of candidates petitioned in Chennai consulate

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get the above details from my employer. Also if i take all the above document will i get visa?

I am confused. I have informed my employer and he told me he will talk to lawyer.

Please give some info if anyone experienced this kind of situation.

Thanks
Shiv

Shiv,
Don't worry too much about it. Just provide the stuff that they have asked for. I am assuming that your company is small and unknown. They probably want to make sure that your relative (for example) has not "openned" a company on paper (no real company exists) and sponsors you with the sole intention of getting you into us.

The stuff that they had asked for will prove that the company exists in reality and you do have some real work (item #3 will prove it), they will grant you the visa. I think once you collect the documents and give it to them, you will have no problems getting it. So, just relax and get the documents. At the most it might cost a month delay (my guess). Good luck.
ela
ksprsad said:
I got a 221(g) rejection for my H1B at Chennai Consulate. I attended interview on 9th Nov 2004 for H1B. They asked me to get the following details
1) Interior and exterior photos of the employer and the premises where worker will be deployed.
2) w2 forms of all the employees
3) provide details of specific of how worker will be employed for next 12 months and
4) A list of candidates petitioned in Chennai consulate

Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get the above details from my employer. Also if i take all the above document will i get visa?

I am confused. I have informed my employer and he told me he will talk to lawyer.

Please give some info if anyone experienced this kind of situation.

Thanks
Shiv

Case of 221(g) mail from chennai consulate

Hi

Friends,answering few questions ,ive applied thru chennai consulate and got 221(g) from them.

after almost 25 days today,ive received mail from chennai afu stating me to attend interview on any monday and not to book my interview thru ttsvisas.com.

they asked me to get all documents which they ask for h1b.

so can some one let me know why they have taken 25 days and asked me to attend interview persoanlly/and what are chances of getting visa ??.

please answer me asap thanx in advance

cuteguy

Prob did some background check or some admin work...don't worry abt it. Might want to ask you some Qs on work, past, etc. with right documents, you should be able to get the visa.

Hi there,
don't worry, you will get the visa. They probably did your background check and the simplest background check takes about 3 weeks. The check should have come out fine and so now they are asking you to come. When you go there, they will just issue the visa. I am saying this based on my experience (I applied at the consulate at Tijuana, Mexico though). Except for the consulate difference, our stories match.

so, don't worry, you are going to be fine.
ela
cuteblrguy said:
Hi

Friends,answering few questions ,ive applied thru chennai consulate and got 221(g) from them.

after almost 25 days today,ive received mail from chennai afu stating me to attend interview on any monday and not to book my interview thru ttsvisas.com.

they asked me to get all documents which they ask for h1b.

so can some one let me know why they have taken 25 days and asked me to attend interview persoanlly/and what are chances of getting visa ??.

please answer me asap thanx in advance

cuteguy

221(g) case

cuteblrguy,
Please update us once you are through with the visa!! I am also in the same boat. But they consulate has already given me the paper which has details of appointment like I can walk in between 9.00AM to 12AM between Mon and Thu. But there was no mention of any deadline. I assume I can go anytime. I am waiting for some more documents to be sent to me from my Employer. Not sure how long I have to wait its already 30 days.

Thanks

In your case, if they have given you the paper and asked you to come between 9 and 12, that means you are set to go. They have done their part. If at all they asked you for something, take them with you. If they did not ask specifically for anything, then you can just go there. They should issue the visa the same day!!
ela
ksprsad said:
cuteblrguy,
Please update us once you are through with the visa!! I am also in the same boat. But they consulate has already given me the paper which has details of appointment like I can walk in between 9.00AM to 12AM between Mon and Thu. But there was no mention of any deadline. I assume I can go anytime. I am waiting for some more documents to be sent to me from my Employer. Not sure how long I have to wait its already 30 days.

Thanks

221(G) chennai consulate mail details

Hi

Friends,thanx for ur responses,btw i have forgot to tell u,they have taken my original usa employer offer letter and current indian employer offer letter also,so will it be with my original h1b papers ?im bit worried about that,luckily they have not mentioned in the list of documents they have asked me to get.

is it a usual practice to take our original offer letters along with orginal h1b papers ???.please let me know,for the benefit of our friends im pasting letter which has come frm consulate to me.
**********************************************************Dear Visa applicant:

Please appear at the consulate for an interview on any Monday before 9.00 a.m. Do not make an appointment through ttsvisas.com.

You must bring the following documents to the interview:
* Passport (must be valid for six months at the time of application)
* Completed visa application form DS-156. Forms can be downloaded from http://travel.state.gov/visaforms.html
* Visa issuance fees - a demand draft for Rs. 2300/-
* For all males between the ages of 16 and 45, supplemental application form DS-157
* Forms can be downloaded from http://travel.state.gov/visaforms.html
* One color visa photograph (50mm x 50mm, front-facing, white background)
* Work experience letters (originals and photocopies)
* Degree certificate(s) (original and photocopy)
* Mark sheets (originals and photocopies)
* A copy of this email

Sincerely,

American Consulate General
Chennai

so please respond me with replies if u have any idea regarding these cases feedbacks are kindly needed

cuteblrguy

In your case, looks like all they are doing is to make sure you are working for a "real" company. There are instances where people simply start a company on paper (just get a business license) and bring in their relatives as employees. So, consulates are trying to make sure that it is not the case (just my opinnion). If your company is genuine, you have nothing to worry about (even if it is a small company). good luck.
elango
cuteblrguy said:
Hi

Friends,thanx for ur responses,btw i have forgot to tell u,they have taken my original usa employer offer letter and current indian employer offer letter also,so will it be with my original h1b papers ?im bit worried about that,luckily they have not mentioned in the list of documents they have asked me to get.

is it a usual practice to take our original offer letters along with orginal h1b papers ???.please let me know,for the benefit of our friends im pasting letter which has come frm consulate to me.
**********************************************************Dear Visa applicant:

Please appear at the consulate for an interview on any Monday before 9.00 a.m. Do not make an appointment through ttsvisas.com.

You must bring the following documents to the interview:
* Passport (must be valid for six months at the time of application)
* Completed visa application form DS-156. Forms can be downloaded from http://travel.state.gov/visaforms.html
* Visa issuance fees - a demand draft for Rs. 2300/-
* For all males between the ages of 16 and 45, supplemental application form DS-157
* Forms can be downloaded from http://travel.state.gov/visaforms.html
* One color visa photograph (50mm x 50mm, front-facing, white background)
* Work experience letters (originals and photocopies)
* Degree certificate(s) (original and photocopy)
* Mark sheets (originals and photocopies)
* A copy of this email

Sincerely,

American Consulate General
Chennai

so please respond me with replies if u have any idea regarding these cases feedbacks are kindly needed

cuteblrguy

Visa application is in pending and waiting for approval from D.C

MY cousin is in the same situation as you had. He went to Tijuana, to get stamped (convrting from F1 to H1) and got 221g query. He did his masters degree in Mechanical Engg and now he is working as a software engg after some training in his current work field. But the visa officer simply said that you did your masters in Mechanical and we are sending your case to DC and you got to wait for 6 to 8 weeks. She didn't even lister to him when he is trying explain him how got into software field. Now he is stranded in Mexico. He is still having valid F1 visa and he is out of school more than a year ago. Consular officer told him that he can go back to USA using his current visa but he was stopped at POE for not having H1 visa after he showed H1 approval. What else he can do to come back to USA? Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Sorry to hear abt ur cousin.Did he go back to the embassy and talk to them...the fact that they said, he would be allowed to enter US and but he's not been? Maybe a letter from the embassy might help?