221 and department of state sent case to USCIS to review

Rohit92

Hi Rajiv ji

I am sharing my 221 g case with you, so if you can suggest what step I can take ?

I came to the USA as a student on an F1 visa. After completing my master's, I started my work on OPT in 2021 feb and my H1b visa approved by USCIS in August 2021. It is for inhouse project and I filed through one company only. I came back to India to meet my family and to fly back I need to update my stamping to H1B.

I had a Drop box appointment on July 13 2022 and after submitting the documentation I was notified on July 20 I got 221g. After receiving 221G they have mentioned that I need to appear for a Visa interview. I went to appear for a visa interview on 28th July, I appeared for the interview at 10:00AM. During the interview the visa officer asked me to send additional documents which are LCA and Copy of appointment letter. I have emailed the documents on July 28 2022. I received another email on September 15 2022, to submit a few more documents "Written description of the project that you would be working on via email." which is submitted by my employer email and receives the email of submission. And I checked the status , only the "date" is updated twice but the status is still the same. And USCIS personnel came and visited my company office in Dallas, and my employer responded to them with every question. And on 4th of April 2023 my Status on USCIS case portal got changed from "Approved" to "Department of state sent case to USCIS for review". But we haven't received anything from them yet.

What should we do ? And what are the options I have now? It's really spoiled my life and career.

I really appreciate your suggestions and support.

Thanks and regards
Rohit