212(a)(6)(c)(1)

ddoubles

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
received a little more info on my mother in law who lives in mexico. My wife will be a US citizen soon, and will try to help bring her mom to the US.
Her mom was deported from the US once, and the last time she tried to enter, this entry was made in her passport.
I-275 SDP/SYS
212(a)(6)(c)(1)
er'd for 20 yrs
A#######

just wondering if anyone can help me translate this a little better. I understand she was denied entry or deported, not sure which or if that's the same thing, for misrepresentation or fraud. I was just wondering if the er'd means she is banned for 20 years.
Is there a waiver available to her and is it only for spouses and children of LPR and citizens?
thanks

for more information on waiver read Instruction for I-601 Waiver for inadmissibility... Any one who is LPR or Citizen can file waiver for there spouse, childer or parents.

best of luck

thanks cal for the info. just wondering, if it only applies to children and spouse. Under the section where it says "Immigration fraud or misrepresntation" it states the waiver may be approved if you can establish that:
"your qualifying U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident relative(spouse, parent), or the K visa petitioner would experience extreme hardship...etc..etc.."

does this mean it's only a waiver for spouses and children?? also, is it difficult to show extreme hardship?? to be honest, her mother isn't doing all that bad back home.

I-275 is withdrawal of application/consular notification form
SDP/SYS might be the location, SYS is San Ysidro, Calif.
212 is the section of law she violated, in this case fraud/misrepresentation.
ER 20 years, mean she has no right to see Judge, if caught.
A# is he alien registration number.

Your mother in law is screwed... BTW, a new passport will not solve the problem. Her fingerprints will give her away.

Hi all,
received a little more info on my mother in law who lives in mexico. My wife will be a US citizen soon, and will try to help bring her mom to the US.
Her mom was deported from the US once, and the last time she tried to enter, this entry was made in her passport.
I-275 SDP/SYS
212(a)(6)(c)(1)
er'd for 20 yrs
A#######

just wondering if anyone can help me translate this a little better. I understand she was denied entry or deported, not sure which or if that's the same thing, for misrepresentation or fraud. I was just wondering if the er'd means she is banned for 20 years.
Is there a waiver available to her and is it only for spouses and children of LPR and citizens?
thanks