• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2011 DV Lottery Winners from Australia Report Here!

USA Dream

Registered Users (C)
Its April and people usually start recieving notifications as early as now. So come on and let us know if you were lucky or not!

Good luck, fellow Australians. Good to see more on the forum :)

I have an interview next month in Sydney, but entered the 2011 lottery too.. as it was before I had heard..

Generally only about 700 Australians win each year.

Good Luck

Good luck with the whole process, my wife and I have received our greencard from the 2010 lottery yesterday and we plan tp move to new york in sep/oct. We went to hawaii to "activate" and loved it there. I must say the whole process was very easy from start to finish as this was the only year we applied and got through with no hassles. Hated the medical as I have a fear of needles and the interview lasted a whole 2 minutes and ws very easy.Lots of opportunites await us in real estate over there as we liquid cash to buy properties and hold for a while.

Good luck and any questions please feel free to ask

Good luck with the whole process, my wife and I have received our greencard from the 2010 lottery yesterday and we plan tp move to new york in sep/oct. We went to hawaii to "activate" and loved it there. I must say the whole process was very easy from start to finish as this was the only year we applied and got through with no hassles. Hated the medical as I have a fear of needles and the interview lasted a whole 2 minutes and ws very easy.Lots of opportunites await us in real estate over there as we liquid cash to buy properties and hold for a while.

Good luck and any questions please feel free to ask

Hey Kenny21275, I have a question about the medicals.. where did you get yours done? I'm getting mine done in Melbourne this friday. I think I will need to get a few needles that I didn't get as a kid.. what do they charge for the needles? How long did the whole medical exam last?

Congrats and good luck in NY, that's where we'll be headed too when we get the visa :)

Hi USA Dream, where are you from?
Hi, I am living in Brisbane Australia at the moment and this will be my third time I have applied for the lottery. Does anyone know if they ask how much cash you have at the interview? Would a car count. I read they do this so they don't deem you as likely to claim welfare. Just wondering.

Hi, I am living in Brisbane Australia at the moment and this will be my third time I have applied for the lottery. Does anyone know if they ask how much cash you have at the interview? Would a car count. I read they do this so they don't deem you as likely to claim welfare. Just wondering.

The letter from the Sydney Consulate which has the list of documents to bring doesn't have anything mentioning bank balance or affidavit of support, however it is often asked for and you'd be better prepared if you could show your savings. You are meant to show you have enough to meet the poverty guidelines which is around $10,000 US per person.

Hi all,

I am and Aussie waiting for my number to come up for 2010 lottery. I am hoping that it will be current in the next bulletin (July). Now I am a little concerned. I sent in my DS230 and all that pretty late (in Feb). Should I of received a confirmation of receipt from KCC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all,

I am and Aussie waiting for my number to come up for 2010 lottery. I am hoping that it will be current in the next bulletin (July). Now I am a little concerned. I sent in my DS230 and all that pretty late (in Feb). Should I of received a confirmation of receipt from KCC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Littlemt - do you mean you the DV2011?

So there are three Australians from this forum living in Queensland. :)
Well I hope we all have a good year so we can say that we are three Australians living in the United States this time next year.

Well I hope we all have a good year so we can say that we are three Australians living in the United States this time next year.

New Mexico, Looks like the celebration night just grew :) Ohh God, please let all 3 of us win!

New Mexico, Looks like the celebration night just grew :) Ohh God, please let all 3 of us win!

thanx 4 ur help in advance,my wife won dv2010 and got d nl in april '09 and we sent it back in may '09 but later no dat the bar code sheet and d sticker were missing then we mailed d kcc immediately 2 complaint but they did reply till now and we've not received d 2nd nl as well. Pls wat do u think we can do or wat's happening? D package was tampered with in d first place n we didnt know b4 we sent it back pls advice.
CN- 2010AF00015XXX.

Sorry about the confusion. I will re-post in a new thread....I was just thrilled to find some fellow Aussies.

I AM positive NM... If you go to my last post in the 2011 post you will see my concern over the education issue tho. BUT I am still very positive. I still check the mail 'daily' :) with the Hope. If you win - what state will you live?