2 Years EAD

Hardlife

Registered Users (C)
Is any guys have further info about 2 years EAD? I am interested to know because I will decide if I still need to renew my H1 or just get a EAD? Thanks.

I never heard of anyone getting EAD which is good for 2 years. I'd like to get one, if BCIS issues 2 year EAD cards.

-fb-

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

12/25/2003: Agencies' Plan 2004: I-485 Backlog and Issuance of 2-Year Valid EAD (Series 4)
  • The BCIS has been considering for quite some time to issue a two-year valid EAD for the I-485 waiters in order to relieve itself from the increasing EAD processing workloads as affected by the growing delay of adjudication of I-485 applications. People must have noticed from the BCIS monthly report of immigration benefits petitions/applications that the EAD processing takes a substantial portion of its workloads which have kept growing because of the delays in processing of underlying I-485 applications. The BCIS may issue this proposed regulation soon with the 60-day comment period. This category will be reserved only for those applying for I-485 adjustment of status, or having filed Form I-485. The rule change would give the BCIS the flexibility to issue EADs for the length of time it anticipates that adjudication of a given case will take.
  • This is a very welcome move. However, one wonders where is the promise to reduce processing times of applications to six months.

I am going to apply my third EAD card this week. This really kills me! Whenever I think about 485 issues, I can not concentrate on working anymore.