2 years and waiting; no 2nd FP yet

Arn

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday was our two years aniversary for applying I-485. I don't know how long I have to wait. Many people on this board are waiting like me some people are waiting longer. However, not getting any 2nd FP notice is bothering me. I did my first FP more than 21 months back. After that no information for 2nd FP or no response nothing. I was wondering how many people on this board waiting for their 2nd FP for such a long time. Is there anything else we can do. Any person has any idea about how to obtain FP notice.
M

I have not been waiting quite as long as you but close. My first FP was August 2002 and I got an RFE in November for paystubs etc. No news at all on 2nd FP.

I'm applying for 3rd EAD/AP today. That might trigger something? I have no idea.

Just waiting....

I am here too

RD 01/14/02 ND 01/25/02 FP1 06/03/02. That is it. After that no response at all. Contacted local congressman recently. They are going to contact BCIS shortly. Hope for a good news.

Find out your area senator and try to trigger the case. Write a letter explaining you plight and ask him to intervene. Most of the Senators have a immi dept to respond to these kind of issues.

You can find your senators at www.senate.gov.

Find out your area senator and try to trigger the case. Write a letter explaining you plight and ask him to intervene. Most of the Senators have a immi dept to respond to these kind of issues.

What happens when contacting senator does not help??:eek: :eek: :eek:

One thing I have been noticing here:

485 Applicants who filed in Dec 2001, Jan 2002 and Feb 2002 and their 1st FP was in April, May and June 2001: have not received 2nd FPs and they are the ones who are suffering the most including me. This is a typical trend and graph I have been observing and now curious to find out why.

Originally posted by MrMr
Yesterday was our two years aniversary for applying I-485. I don't know how long I have to wait. Many people on this board are waiting like me some people are waiting longer. However, not getting any 2nd FP notice is bothering me. I did my first FP more than 21 months back. After that no information for 2nd FP or no response nothing. I was wondering how many people on this board waiting for their 2nd FP for such a long time. Is there anything else we can do. Any person has any idea about how to obtain FP notice.
M

Can u plz post RFE details?

1st FP 24/5/2002 and RFE 9/22/2003 and no more anything..........

My wife got 3rd FP on 8Jan2004 !

same picture

Same thing to me. I have submitted RFE nearly 3 months back. No response or no Fp yet. It is really frustrating. Called BCIS one month back, contacted senator recently. Keeping all efforts but nothing moved. I hope there are many others like us deserve to hear good news soon.

Talk to level II support. When I was enquiring about my case with level II, the person there told me that my case was updated Jan 14, 2004 and on Jan 20, 2004 I have seen my case approved. So level II can give you some info.

mrmr, we have excatly the same dates for 1485 and 1st fp, no 2nd fp for me too, pretty sad just like you

I am still waiting for 2nd FP after contacting senators (standard reply: 30 to 60 days 2nd FP will be scheduled).

No use of contacting Senator or CongressMan, they are all same like BCIS people(None of them work, living day to day on the money which we spend on EAD/AP and etc.).

real frustrating

After seeing all these I am not sure when we will ever see any light????

BCIS's attitude in handling responses, their real s* ways of approving later cases without even bothering to touch or retouch older cases is IMHO a discriminating behaviour against legal hard working immigrants. They think they cannot be questioned at all!!!!!

TO DSATISH
You told that core members was to have discussions with Mr.Rajeev khanna. Can you post to us details??

Thanks

2nd Fp

How I at least think got mine?

My first FP expired by end of Aug 2002. I waited for a month and wrote a letter to INS but got no reply within 40 days. I was advised to do this by IO when I tried to inquire about 2nd finger prints. After 40 days I sent another letter to INS explaing that I haven't received 2nd fp, waited for a month and didn't get a reply. Finally I wrote the 3rd letter to INS with AP application for my wife. I sent letter and application on Dec19 2003 and received 2nd fp notice on Jan 24 2004 scheduled for 02/09/2004.

I am not sure if that is what caused them to send 2nd Fp but at least I have a reson to think like that.

You guys can try that.

RD 02/22/02
Fp1 05/28/02
Fp2 sech 03/09/04

My news

I am surprised that we are many on the same situation. If nothing doesn't work we can wait and share our thoughts.

However, something surprising happend today. We got 2nd FP notice for my wife, scheduled for March 16th. There is nothing for me yet, but I will accept this as a good sign and wait for mine. I must say this board is lucky! If anybody has any update please let me know.

OmGV; my RFE was standard. 2 months pay stub, W2's and employment letter.

M

To All

I contacted my loal congressman's office and they took my A#, EAC# etc. and told me that they will contact BCIS. Do they have any special access to BCIS or they talk to the same IIOs. Can they ever give any inside information which we can not get ourself.

Thanks.

Originally posted by probashi
To All

I contacted my loal congressman's office and they took my A#, EAC# etc. and told me that they will contact BCIS. Do they have any special access to BCIS or they talk to the same IIOs. Can they ever give any inside information which we can not get ourself.

Thanks.

Every (most) Congressman and Senator has an immigration person (group)that handles all these complains and requests. On the other end, USCIS have a congressional liaison office that communicates with the congressman's or senator's office. As to whether the actual Congressman or Senator is getting involved, I do not think so. At least in most of the cases; however if your case is somewhat delayed, lost or possibly shredded then they can help to find it! The point is that most of the cases are so severely delayed that any action taken is seen as big help from their part, which is a joke. If somebody got it in six months with Congressman's help then that is really help, otherwise is just a perpetuation of a big fraud from the congressman's office also. They would not ask or examine the causes and go further...and the receiving object is more than happy to see something after a couple of years and that is how we are all stuck. Today is considered a help if these people can get you a second FP. You can see how low we came...

Last edited by a moderator:
UR right cinta
I contacted senator George Allen's office in Oct 2003. That was the first time I contacted them. Standard reply: Wait 30-60 days.
Second time I contacted them in Dec 2003. No response from that office. They did not even acknowledge the letter. I left 4 phone messages for Emily Evans (The person concerned), but no replies.
In nutshell, no one is interested or bothered enough to push your case and try to find out whats going on. The senator's office I guess does not have any special access to INS. They also talk to a regular rep there. The only difference between our calling and their calling is that its a call from a politician, so they talk to them carefully, properly and politically. How long do we need to wait for 2nd FP?. In my case I am 18th Jan RD and on calling USCIS, I was told that I cannot enquire unless official processing dates for VSC reach atleast 18th Feb 2002 or more.
So guys, you have to be very lucky to get help from these people.
Just keep waiting. One day U will get 2nd FP. Some day.