2 questions

FHN

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have just recieved a 2nd FP notice and the dates for me and my wife (primary applicant) are different. My wife has also changed her employer very recently.

My questions are:

1. I will probably need to reschedule the FP. What is the procedure of preponing the FP. Do I just go ahead of the appointment date and stand in line etc.? or do I need to contact them or is there any specific procedure of doing it.

2. What is the procedure of filing the AC21. Do I have to file it if asked or do I have to file it even if there is no querry etc? Is there any period of time (from having changed the empoyer) during which I need to file?

Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
FHN

1. I would advise not to reschedule you FP, it only makes your life miserable. You can try early FP at a common date that is ok for both of you, there is no preponing of FP. Search this forum on early FP/AC21 you get tons of information.

2. There is no specific form to fill in for AC21, and it is not mandatory on your part to file AC21 so no time frame, BCIS only expects you to do it, its your call. Earlier people used to file proactively but now-a-days its reactive, I guess.

When we got our 2nd FP notices, my wife and me had different dates. Her date was 01-12-04 and mine 02-01-04. But as we had been out of the country and had just returned a day before the FP date of my wife, we could not go on the date specified, we went 2 days later and at first they refused to take mine as my date had not reached, but told us that we need to return on the same day (not the date) as mentioned on the FP notice for my wife and also told me to come on the same day and if they don't have a long queue, they might consider taking my FP too. We took our chance and got FPed together. So in our case, according to my wife's FP date had passed and my FP date was in future, but we got it done together on 01-21-04.

I can't comment on RFE as I did not get any.